are the figures quoted on the new 2.lt correct (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Over the last two tanks we have averaged, 36.8 according to the trip computer, 37.1 doing the maths from receipts and the odometer!
Not bad I think for a van that hasn’t yet done 3000 miles in total, when run in a bit more I would expect that to go up 1-2 mpg.
Pretty damn good for a 2L lump pulling a motorhome.

Our Peugeot 2.0ltr Euro6 was doing about 36 Mpg in first couple of thousand miles. Now done 6k so will do maths from receipt.

Totally confirm as above the mileage reading given on dash is one of the most accurate I have ever come across, normally any car reads optimistically by at least 15%

Our 2.2 fiat 100bhp running at 3160kg but an over cab bed never did more than about 24 mpg so our Elddis Encore running at 3498kg is doing 36 mpg so very happy making our trip to Spain cheaper and we probably wouldn’t have risked it in our 8 yr old Fiat as we had lost all confidence in it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
How many miles to a litre of adblu?

The Ad blue usage does not appear significant to the point where I had not given it any thought. But I have bought two big 10 litre containers over the last 12 months and shared it out both times between my car and moho. When filling, neither were empty and neither were filled up after having their share of the can and neither have given a low warning at any time. So Moho has done 6k 2.0 ltr Peugeot Euro 6 and car 3.5 Range Rover Euro 6 has done 15k so 21k in total and put in 20 litres.

So around a litre of Adblue at 80p (if bought sensibly rather than at a fuel station) will do about a thousand miles.

So as previously said the SCR designed engines seem noticeably more economic on fuel so the small cost of Adblue is far outweighed in lower fuel cost.

I tend to cruise on Dual carriageways/motorways at an indicated 69 mph (which is a true 63mph) so going slower, carrying a little less weight, and a few more miles on the engine then over 40mpg should be feasible but I think mid forties is a bit optimistic

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Best we've had out of ours (max 3300kgs) was 37mpg driving at a sensible 2000revs but more typically 33-34mpg:)

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Picked my 160bhp 2 litre Peugeot up yesterday, around town it was 25.5mpg, on the run down it crept up to 36.1mpg on the A1M going south 60mph cruise so quite good with such a new engine. Going north would probably add a little as the prevailing wind is from the south-west, but it wasn't particularly windy.

With vans like this wind can make a reasonable difference IIRC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Just an update, on a run west and east (mainly A14 / M6, 60-65mph) I was getting around 34mpg, but doing 39mph (cruise) in the 40mph zone gave about 46mpg, so with cruise control the roadworks actually save me money, which is nice.

So the lesson is that to get over 45mpg you need to travel at 39mph.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back