Are showers in MH's a waste of space? (2 Viewers)

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Well I see self sufficiency as being an advantage. We often use sites and we will choose ones that have great facilities ... even abroad. Sites that have swimming pools saunas and gardens would be right up there for us. On the other hand .. moving between places we will use aires/Stellplatz etc and cls in the UK. Sometimes we take a car.. sometimes we don't. We can do exactly what we want and don't feel the need to stay off grid just because we have a motorhome.. but if we want to.. we can. Why on earth would we want a caravan?
What is cls? I am new

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Ths ..Temporary Holiday Sites run by camping and caravan club
Cl's and Cs' are small 5 van sites licenced by the big clubs... (farms etc)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Ths ..Temporary Holiday Sites run by camping and caravan club
Cl's and Cs' are small 5 van sites licenced by the big clubs... (farms etc)
Thanks

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
You have asked for opinions so here is mine. I think you should stop wasting money on sites, park up on the aires and use your bathroom as it is intended to be used. Ours is great and as the floor is also the shower tray very little space is taken up. Neither of us is small and there is still room to have a decent shower in our 5.9m van. I agree with whoever it was who said you might as well have a tent. Having said all that, it really is a case of each to his own and if you are happy wasting money on facilities which you don't need and missing out on the freedom to overnight pretty much anywhere in your self-contained motorhome then so be it. Anyway, however you choose to do it, happy motorhoming.

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
If that's you're reasoning why do they bother installing showers & toilets in Aires or on sites? With the motorhome being a confined space I don't want to gas everyone once I've had a number 2 :D

Hotels, now there's a thought :rolleyes:

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
I would point out that very many aires have neither showers nor toilets because motorhomers don't need them. Having done a poo in the loo, it is a simple matter to open the window and thereby avoid gassing one's companions. Simples.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Why would you want to traipse across a site, strip off , listen to others farting and adding aroma to the atmosphere whilst you shower, then dress, and traipse back across the site to your van when you can have a leisurely shower in your own comfortable surroundings...... I just don't understand why anyone would not want to use their own facilities. Self contained freedom, that's what motorhoming is all about!
Exactly my thoughts.... "listen to others farting and adding aroma to the atmosphere whilst you shower, then dress," then you drop your shorts in the puddle of grey waste that never seems to go down the plughole or comes from next door, while putting them on.
Shower blocks? no thanks.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back