Are showers in MH's a waste of space? (1 Viewer)

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
With space being at a premium in a Motorhome do you think the shower is a bit of a waste of space?

As we stick to proper sites with full amenities we always use their showers which are much more spacious rather than banging around in our own tiny cubicle.
Obviously if your into wild camping then it's either a dip in the local river, lake or stream or use your own shower.

I just think the space could be used more efficiently, what do you think :think:

Deleted User
Waste of space for us, always on site, can't do without the toilet though:)

Don't really understand the reluctance of some to use a shower that someone else has used if it is clean, what exactly are you going to catch, use flip flops if worried about foot born infections.

Obviously if not using sites then using your own shower would be difficult to avoid.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
A lot of CL's/ CS's don't have shower blocks
BritStops don't offer showers
If you accidentally end up on a site where there's a rally/ school group/ etc then having your own facilities may be the only way you can get near the water (being wrinklies, we never ever ever use a site during school holidays!!!)
We also use the shower room for storage on the move (stuff that lives in the front seat-well when we're parked up, like the laundry bag)
And as we don't have a lot of work surface, I "collect" the dirty dishes in there until after a meal

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Always use our shower.

Apart from all the good reasons given above my wife has some mobility problems which mean it takes a little time to "get going in the mornings." Being able to step out of bed into a hot shower, without walking to the toilet block, is not a luxury, it's essential!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back