Are bessacarrs of a good spec? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Im looking at different types of van (cant make our mind up whether a pvc, coachbuilt,or a class ) but have never thought of trying a bessacarr ,weve only had coachbuilt ,autosleeper,and 3 autotrails in past plus a hymer caravan,and the quality of the hymercaravan has made us veer towards mostly foreign vans but was looking on ebay and saw a cheap bessacarr which i thought was good for the money, we dont want tospend a lot as weve been thereand got the tee shirt in the past ,soi just wonderedi if bessacarr was a decent spec ,? or might there be things that i should be aware of...... only looking we wont be buying for another 71 weeks , thankyu from pampamšŸ¤“

OP
OP
P
Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Thankyou simon-alan kerr i had a feeling they were no longer manufactured,do you think it would make a difference ?because we had an autotrail that was and is still being made , and to be honest we had such an horrific service from autotrail and the dealers ,we sold up and packed in motorhoming, but older and wiser now and we miss it , but will be looking at a different brand i think ..... thanks for answering šŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think you will need to look at the condition of what's around when you are looking to buy I don't think there are any makes guaranteed to be a lot better than others when old.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
The older the better. Ours is 12 years old bought new, few problems, mainly Fiat and Truma related.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Bessacarr are Swift vans but now a dealer special. Exactly the same as a Swift but with a few goodies and a slightly different interior design ie fabric and curtains.
Thay used to build decent caravans many years ago but just became another leaky Swift.
We've had a Bessacarr caravan, 15 years ago, which was OK and a Swift motorhome, 12 years ago, which wasnā€™t.
Stick to something better.

Richard.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Bought our Bessie new in 2009 - loved it really, just found the ladder to get up to the overcab bed unmanageable in the middle of the night - I now need to get up for the loo more than the once a night I did then so would be more unmanageable.

I liked the upholstery in it, better than what we have now TBH.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thirty years ago Bessacar were a top end caravan manufacturer but then they were bought out by Swift who just used the name on for their top end (price) vans, same construction just more standard spec softer cushion different upholstery etc etc, then the name went into their motorhome range.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Bessacarr where top of the range Swift's and as such where a few grand more. Mainly just interior fabrics etc, Just be aware of all Swift models on 2005 ish plates as they had floor problems šŸ˜‰

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Ours is a 2012 e562 and had no problems, huge fridge, Alde heating, full oven and microwave, Whatā€™s not to like. Would have another swift but would be making sure it was another well cared for one and build quality was as good. (We saw a brand new one last year at a show that had internal doors falling off!)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back