Archiescamping for Android (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
I've downloaded the app which looks excellent value for money. On the web site there is a link to instructions for how to download off line maps to an external sd card. However on opening the link it downloads a .doc file which if I open in wordpad or note is just symbols and random letters. Can anyone tell me how to download the off line maps to my sd card. Thanks

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
You do it from inside the Android app, launch settings scroll down to the general tab, click map select mapsforge offline from there you can select map, download the map and the install directory.

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
You do it from inside the Android app, launch settings scroll down to the general tab, click map select mapsforge offline from there you can select map, download the map and the install directory.
Thanks @Steve N Tracy I've done that but it downloads the map to the device storage not the external sd card

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Yes it looks like the latest versions of Archies only recognize the main memory of the phone, so to get round this I will have to move the mapforge directory to the SD card using the file explorer and then copy the relevant map I need back to the parent mapforge directory when if need to use it offline, bit of a pain but as I have unlimited data on 3 I should only need to do this if there is no signal.

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
One more question if I may, when clicking on "navigate me" on a campsite poi in Archiescamping it opens in Google maps, how can I change this to Here We Go or Sygic? @Steve N Tracy

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
That would appear to be another option that has disappeared from the options menu, I always used to use Sygic but now there only appears to be the google option!! certainly not as good as it used to be.:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
That would appear to be another option that has disappeared from the options menu, I always used to use Sygic but now there only appears to be the google option!! certainly not as good as it used to be.:(
I've solved the problem. If you go into your phone/tablets settings then application manager then maps google and either clear defaults or on my tablet there is then an extra option called go to supported urls select always ask and now when I click on a campsites "navigate to" icon I get the choice of all possible mapping apps on the phone or tablet.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Thanks Paul, that has given me the opportunity to use Copilot for caravans to route using Archies.
Regards
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back