Arapaho Questions (1 Viewer)

Cazza

Free Member
Aug 25, 2017
Funster No
Hello everyone

New to this board, but not really new to motorhomes. We have recently purchased an Arapaho 2010 from a dealer local to us, we looked at what seemed like hundreds before we decided on this one, and she is lovely, inside and out as the previous owners did very little miles. We have all the relevant paperwork, and I have read and re-read everything but cannot find anything about the size of the gas bottles. We have just got 2 x 6kg propane, but I'm sure that the locker will take 2 x 13kg. We are planning a trip to France in the next few weeks (only for a week) but then a month later going on a trip to Spain (10-14 days) I am paranoid about running out of gas although we will be using EHU most of the time. The connector is a pigtail. Anyone any knowledge/tips about the Arapaho that they can part with? Any info would be gratefully received

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF
In my experience, 2 x 6kg when mostly on EHU is plenty! We used to go 6 weeks on 3.9 kg size calor gas even when not always on EHU.
We cooked using both burners and grill every day but in warm weather so no heating only hot water.

Not an Arapaho though.

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
Your question doesn't seem to be Arapaho related but more about gas bottles and usage. However we did have an Arapaho (our first van) and loved it but found a better option now in our Burstner :). Back to gas, we had 2x13Kg bottles and they will last a long time unless you really give the heating a kaning but if you are on Hook up most of the time as riverbankannie says the 2x6 will last you easily. Best options for your concern is Gaslow re-fillable or similar, because the dilemma you will always have, after your first trip is how much do you have left? If you get your act together you can weigh the bottles and that will allow you to tell how near the bottom of the bottle you are. Enjoy the Arapaho

OP
OP
C

Cazza

Free Member
Aug 25, 2017
Funster No
Hi
Thanks for your replies. Pretty new to AutoTrail, had Swift in the past and that held 2 x 13kg bottles, so it made me wonder on a van the size of our Arapaho, the dealer said 6kg bottles just looked a bit small for the locker. We'll see how we get on with our maiden trip.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes 2 x 13kg should fit ok... I have 2 in my apache 700.
Ref Spain... If you use Butane then all you need to do is unscrew the clip on adaptor from the pigtail, Buy a "Jumbo adaptor" and fit that in it's place.. Buy a s/h gas bottle once in Spain, look at campsite notice boards, Rastros (boot sales) sh shops and even local facebook selling sites. €10-15 . Refills are about €13.. The Jumbo adaptor then clip on the spanish bottle and you feed everything in through your bulkhead regulator.(y)

SAM_0962.JPG
SAM_0960.JPG

OP
OP
C

Cazza

Free Member
Aug 25, 2017
Funster No
Thanks Tonka, with the pics I will know what I'mlooking for

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun