Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
Hi. my aqua 8 pump was making a lot of noise all of a sudden so I went and bought a new one today and fitted it. fitting was very simple i turned on the pump and it worked. taps worked etc, but.....it won't stop. its seems the in built pressure switch isn't turning it off. I tried adding more air pressure to the fiamma a20 universal expansion tank and then the pump stopped. Thats it I thought, but no. I turned the tap on and at first lots of pressure, then the pump kicks in and the pressure drops and the pump just keeps going and going and going long after i turn off the tap.. The old pump was an identical model and was working fine, the problem was it started making a lot of noise, and suddenly started sounding very unhealthy but it held the pressure and turned off automatically.

I am guessing it has somthing to do with the pressure, but I don't understand how the pump can keep going and going yet when I add pressure to the expansions tank it stops, it seems i then lose the pressure when i turn on the tap. Never had a problem before the old pump always turned off a few seconds after the tap was turned off. This new pump seems to push a less pressure, but i thought that was what the expansion tank is for?

any ideas please?

cheers Steve

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Im guessing youve checked there are no taps open, leaks or the frost valve on the water heater hasn't opened?

Othere than that, is the new pump rated at the same pressure as the old one? Even same models can vary on pressure depending on which one youve ordered.

OP
OP
Steve101uk

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
Just re fitted the old one and it works perfectly, apart from the horrible noise its developed, but in the pressure and switching off properly its fine. I'll check the pressure rating but its literally the same pump.

thanks

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just re fitted the old one and it works perfectly, apart from the horrible noise its developed, but in the pressure and switching off properly its fine. I'll check the pressure rating but its literally the same pump.

thanks

Steve
Then that points to a faulty new pump....no offense, but its not exactly rocket science

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I wonder if it is air in the system??-----I would re-bleed it ALL and see if that makes a difference

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
if it is an adjustable pressure switch there should be instructions in the box. One would think

OP
OP
Steve101uk

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
if it is an adjustable pressure switch there should be instructions in the box. One would think
I'm not sure it is adjustable, there's nothing in the instructions about adjusting, says its an automatic pressure switch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back