April fools meet at The White Horse PH, Tattingstone, Suffolk (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Here is another photo of Alton Water. The White Horse pub is just off picture bottom left. Also here is a link to the cycle hire website which is available but am mainly including it because it has some nice enticing photos of the reservoir Link Removed
Remember there is still time to register an interest in coming to this meet, there are 8 places left and as said before we and a few others will be going straight there from Newark though very happy to see folk who just want to meet for the weekend.
Looking forward to Newark too. All our best Jane and Bob

Attachments

• ru_tattingstone_alton_water_400_400x300.jpg
    ru_tattingstone_alton_water_400_400x300.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 13

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
Dane,

Biggles, you would be very welcome. Hope you are bringing the van, would love to have a look. We are wondering if you bought it from a guy up in Norfolk, Long Stratton and off to the left?

No but I reckon it is the same chap that did the spry job based on the other one you must have seen.

The MH needs some bodywork thanks to the :swear: at the hand car wash scraping the nearside. So it might be in the shop for repairs. Just waiting for it to be called in.

Biggles

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Jane

What are the plans after the Sunday night (3rd) are some staying on or going elsewhere?

If we are heading south we may tie in some time

As of yet no plans as we usually look at the weather and then decide, Jan does not finish till 6pm on the Saturday (2nd) though so it may not be worth it.

Would be nice to see you all again as we are unable to make Newark even for the day :cry:

Steve n Jan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Steve and Jan,
Bob and I will be staying on the Sunday night too as no need to dash off so it may be that you can get to meet us there :Smile: As you said it has been a while!

Hi Biggles,
What a shame, horrible when that sort of thing happens, we fully commiserate. Still hoping that you do get to the White Horse to see everyone.
Take care all, Jane ::bigsmile:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Bob & Jane,

Just confirming we would like to join you on this meet & will be arriving around midday on Thursday.

Hope you have good weather organised!!!

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hello Joyce and Brian,
So very nice to meet you both this weekend at Newark and so glad I mentioned the meet at Tattingstone and that you have decided to come too. Also very pleased that the clocks have now changed and that the day seems longer already, more to make the most of. See you both on Thursday ::bigsmile: Jane and Bob Added to the list!

Bobandjane. Bob & Jane

Redsonja. Sonja & Kevin

Diablo. Dane & Hazel

Sundowners. Nigel & Pamala

Theonlysue. Sue

Brisey. Brian & Pam

jonandshell . Jon & Shell

meanders. Robin, Hilary & James

Jaws . John & Mo

Clare.

Icantremember. Joyce and Brian

:Cool:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Really sorry guys.. Gonna have to bail out.. Neither woman or myself realised it was Mothers Day and every year all the kids do a big get together for 'mum'.. I would come on my own but suspect I would be emmmm well lets say not the most popular person in the family !!

really sorry to have to cancel at the last minute :-(

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thanks for letting us know, not at all last minute. Hope Mo has a lovely day :) Jane & Bob

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi All,
Feeling good ::bigsmile: The sun is out, the sky is blue, we are away, what about YOU? Going for a walk shortly, Izzy has already been with Bob but I am sure she can manage another :Smile: Jane and Bob

Bobandjane. Bob & Jane

Redsonja. Sonja & Kevin

Diablo. Dane & Hazel

Sundowners. Nigel & Pamala

Theonlysue. Sue

Brisey. Brian & Pam

jonandshell . Jon & Shell

meanders. Robin, Hilary & James

Clare.

Icantremember. Joyce and Brian

:Cool:

Attachments

• P1070543.jpg
    P1070543.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 20

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hiya Bob & Jane,

You are right.. it's a beautiful day here as well... just right for a walk but unfortunatly my only walk today will be behind the mower or we sha'nt be able to find the bungalow by the time we return from Tattingstone next week.

Looking forward to meeting up again with a few Funsters::bigsmile:

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hiya Bob & Jane,

You are right.. it's a beautiful day here as well... just right for a walk but unfortunatly my only walk today will be behind the mower or we sha'nt be able to find the bungalow by the time we return from Tattingstone next week.

Looking forward to meeting up again with a few Funsters::bigsmile:

Hi Brian and Joyce, That must be the only drawback about a bungalow!
Izzy and I had a lovely walk round this end of the water.
Lots of other walking opportunities going off every whichway , a week will not be long enough to explore. Still, that means we can come here again and again :Smile:

I have spoken to the landlord of the pub, I had to go find him, even after being in his field for 24 hours, hooked up, no one seemed to be concerned we are here :)
If all Funsters could pay me (cash would be easiest) before the end of the meet I will settle up with Andy (the landlord) I hope that is OK with all. Jane ::bigsmile:

Clare

Free Member
Dec 11, 2010
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years
April fools meet

[Hi Bob and Jane, Sorry wont now be able to attend as my daughter has just informed me she has booked a Mothers day lunch out for me!!, Sorry, kind regards, ClareQUOTE=bobandjane;389812] We will be having a mini meet from the 1st till the 3rd of April or longer if you wish, at The White Horse PH Tattingstone, Suffolk.
This site is just a couple of hundred metres from " Alton Water " a vast man-made lake, created in the 1970s and 80s to supply drinking water to the people of South Suffolk.

http://whitehorsetattingstone.co.uk/camping.html

http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/leisure/what-to-see/water-parks/alton/

You can Cycle right round the lake,::bigsmile: watch the yatchs sailing, see all the wildlife or just go for a walk.

The pub serves food and the site takes a maximum of 18 vans (allowing for the 6m gap thinghy) with only 5 Electric hook ups water and a toilet block with washbasins.::bigsmile: The cost is £7 a night or £9 with electric.

So anyone wanting to join us, post on this thread.:thumb:

Bob and Jane.[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Clare,
That is a real shame for us as we were looking forward to meeting you. Have a lovely meal and we will catch up with you somewhere else :Smile: Jane

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Sorry you can't make it Clare, we were looking forward to comparing ze Velcomes. Seemples!

Hope our paths cross again!:Smile:

As for John and Mo, we'll catch up with you at the Rugby Club in May!

-Jon and Shell

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Just want to wish you all a good Meet this coming weekend and if there is another meet to Tattingstone in the future we will hopefully be able to attend. Enjoy :thumb:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi Steve and Jan,
Bob and I will be staying on the Sunday night too as no need to dash off so it may be that you can get to meet us there :Smile: As you said it has been a while!

Hi Jane & Bob

Sorry for the delay we have been trying to sort things out, but failed :cry:

Saturday is a defo no no as Jan is working, we are looking at trying to arrive Sunday (90%) daytime and stay? What are the plans for yourself and others Sunday night and say Monday/Tuesday? This may tilt the balance on where we head, but the way things have gone I do not wish to say 100% till tomorrow, we also do not want anyone to change their plans for us.

Whatever happens have a great meet all of you and we will see you Sunday or sometime soon, we hope:thumb:

Steve & Jan

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am so envious of you guys going/there:winky:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I don't want to make you more envious John, but the weather is glorious this morning. Company last night was great. I just hope they forgive my retiring early through tiredness. :Sad:

You may not be here with us in body, but we know you are in thought. We'll keep you in ours.

Best wishes from silly Suffolk.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
and there was me thinking Bob had run off with Sue:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Having a lovely time here at the White Horse. Good Company, Lovely weather and also lots of mad dogs:ROFLMAO:

Sonja

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Steve and Jan,
Just a quickie (enjoying the sun) if you get here we look forward to seeing you! Take care, Jane :Smile:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi Steve and Jan,
Just a quickie (enjoying the sun) if you get here we look forward to seeing you! Take care, Jane :Smile:

Sadly we have had to change plans, we were looking forward to seeing you again. Will see you at another soon all being well. :thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks everyone for a good weekend and we hope the hounds didn't upset anyone!::bigsmile:

See you again soon we hope!:Smile:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Many thanks to Bob and jane for a great weekend, and for organising the sun to come out at just the right time :ROFLMAO:

All had a great weekend, and look forward to catching up with you soon
S

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
A good weekend with good company. So sorry that we were unable to particpate as much as we would have wished.

See many of you at Peterborough we hope.

Many thanks to Bob and Jane.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Bob and Jane for a great weekend. Nice to see the Sun and also all the dogs enjoying themselves.

John and Shell I tried to steal one of yours but thought you might miss it. :ROFLMAO:

Betsy has revitalised after all the attention from Charlie.

Hope to see you all soon.

The White Horse is certainly a place I will visit again.

Sonja

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Our thanks to everyone for a really great weekend. Well done Bob & Jane for finding such a gem of a site. Perfect location, and the sun you ordered turned up as well:thumb:

Charlie had a whale of a time with his 'harem' and enjoyed meeting all the dogs, big and small:ROFLMAO:

Thanks also to Nigel & Pamela for the use of the event shelter, it really made the evening get togethers and looked fab with all the lights too!

It was great to meet new funsters and catch up with old friends. (yes I mean you Bob!) :ROFLMAO: Looking forward to doing it all again soon.

Hazel

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Our thanks to Bob & Jane for organising the April Fools Rally.
A great meet at a great location with Funster friends old & new.
Will definitely return to the White Horse in the future.

Brisey & Pam.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just returned home from the meet at The White Horse where we both enjoyed the site and it's surroundings and particularly meeting everyone there.
Many thanks Bob & Jane for all your organising & we now look forward to our next get together.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back