April fools meet at The White Horse PH, Tattingstone, Suffolk (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thanks all you kind folk! ::bigsmile: I have One splitter, I'm sure we can sort something out between us. :Smile:
Anyone else interested ? Come on get your name on the list. ::bigsmile:

Look forward to meeting you all. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

Attendees:

Bobandjane. Bob & Jane + Electric

Redsonja. Sonja & Kevin + Electric

Diablo. Dane & Hazel + Electric

Sundowners. Nigel & Pamala + Electric

Theonlysue. Sue + some of our Electric

Brisey. Brian & Pam + Electric

jonandshell . Jon & Shell

meanders. Robin, Hilary & James

Hocky54

Free Member
Feb 6, 2011
Lowestoft Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel Dutchmen Denali
Exp
Have just been informed that my 5er is delayed until the end of March due to the bad weather that hit the East Coast (US) early Feb, so definately wont make it with the 5er, but would like to turn up and meet you all, Saturday, if thats alright.

Julian & Jacky:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Julian & Jacky, your very welcome, look forward to meeting you, I'm sure Nigel and Pamala ( Sundowners ) will give you lots of advice. :thumb: See you Saturday. :thumb: Bob.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Just keeping the thread up!::bigsmile:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
As Bob is supplying all the booze for the weekend you would have thought there would be more takers.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Completely ignoring the above post :ROFLMAO:

Bob and I spent Sunday night at The White Horse. Lovely and quiet :Smile: Then in the spirit of research we did the cycle route around Alton Water yesterday. It was cold and a bit damp but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Izzy (the dog) had a ride in her carrier and a couple of good runs so we were all happily exercised. We left the pub field, crossed the road and within a couple of minutes were at the bridge. We chose to go clockwise and took the very quiet country road (nil cars) for a mile or so as the very first bit of the track was pronounced muddy (also listed as hilly and it was our first ride out in ages) hopefully a bit drier (and us fitter) in April. Then the next six miles or so were spent on the generally very good meandering and undulating cycle track.
The pub is ideally situated as the start as then half way round you have the opportunity to use the cafe and the loos :roflmto: Also there are loads of signs for walks going every which way. A sharp right down the hill outside the pub takes you to the smaller non cycle route end of the water that has a footpath right around it, I reckon about 2 or 3 miles for that one. You can go off on other paths around the main reservoir too to avoid any cyclists, we saw, I think, 5 people! All in all a very nice part of the county and a great place to stop. Looking forward to seeing a few more faces there. ::bigsmile: Jane and Bob :Cool:
Yes, Bob is wearing the Fun Badge on his hat :Smile:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 13
  • Alton2.jpg
    Alton2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Alton3.jpg
    Alton3.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 16
  • Alton4.jpg
    Alton4.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Alton 5.jpg
    Alton 5.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 14

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mo and I are up for this.. Too slow to grab a hookup but I do have a splitter :winky:
Perhaps someone will share with us ?

Clare

Free Member
Dec 11, 2010
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years
White Horse PH

We will be having a mini meet from the 1st till the 3rd of April or longer if you wish, at The White Horse PH Tattingstone, Suffolk.
This site is just a couple of hundred metres from " Alton Water " a vast man-made lake, created in the 1970s and 80s to supply drinking water to the people of South Suffolk.

http://whitehorsetattingstone.co.uk/camping.html

http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/leisure/what-to-see/water-parks/alton/

You can Cycle right round the lake,::bigsmile: watch the yatchs sailing, see all the wildlife or just go for a walk.

The pub serves food and the site takes a maximum of 18 vans (allowing for the 6m gap thinghy) with only 5 Electric hook ups water and a toilet block with washbasins.::bigsmile: The cost is £7 a night or £9 with electric.

So anyone wanting to join us, post on this thread.:thumb:

Bob and Jane.

Attendees:

Theonlysue. Sue[/QUOTE]

Clare

Free Member
Dec 11, 2010
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years
hi bob and jane,:smile:
Not met any funsters yet so please can you put my name down for 1st, 2nd and 3rd april. Be nice to have electric but if not, no worries. Look forward to meeting you there! Many thanks, clarequote=bobandjane;389853]oops, think this may be in the wrong place, sorry!
we will be having a mini meet from the 1st till the 3rd of april or longer if you wish, at the white horse ph tattingstone, suffolk.
this site is just a couple of hundred metres from " alton water " a vast man-made lake, created in the 1970s and 80s to supply drinking water to the people of south suffolk.

http://whitehorsetattingstone.co.uk/camping.html

http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/leisure/what-to-see/water-parks/alton/

you can cycle right round the lake,:biggrin: Watch the yatchs sailing, see all the wildlife or just go for a walk.

the pub serves food and the site takes a maximum of 18 vans (allowing for the 6m gap thinghy) with only 5 electric hook ups water and a toilet block with washbasins.:biggrin: The cost is £7 a night or £9 with electric.

so anyone wanting to join us, post on this thread.:thumb:

bob and jane.

attendees:

Bobandjane. Bob & jane + electric

redsonja. Sonja & kevin + electric

diablo. Dane & hazel + electric

sundowners. Nigel & pamala + electric

theonlysue. Sue
[/quote]

Clare

Free Member
Dec 11, 2010
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years
White Horse

Hi Bob and Sue,
Not met any Funsters yet so will look forward to coming to the White Horse to say hello. Looks like all the electric taken, would be nice but no worries if all gone.
Regards, Clare:Smile:

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Attendees:

Theonlysue. Sue + some of our Electric

Brisey. Brian & Pam + Electric

Jaws . John & Mo

Clare.

Looking forward to meeting you all, if anyone has extra hookup leads bring them along as the power is at one end of the field. ::bigsmile: Its not a big field :winky: So you can't go and park on your own! :ROFLMAO: Bob and Jane. :thumb:

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
On page 5 you can see some photographs of the lake taken when we cycled around on a cold and damp February 28th. Still Fun!! ::bigsmile: Jane

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
With all this leccy sharing going on, we can all stand round the glowing hot hook-up bollards to keep warm in the evenings!::bigsmile:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Bob & Jane

Thought I would let you know that we have just booked a few extra days at the White Horse as we are going straight there from the MHF meet at Newark, so we will be there from 28th March.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Nigel and Pamala, thanks for letting us know.:thumb: I'm doing the same, ::bigsmile: because when I stay at home Jane finds me things to do! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Jane might be helping a friend for couple of days, don't think it has been decided yet. ::bigsmile: Bob.

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Only a couple of weeks to go until this meet at Tattingstone White Horse. We are planning for weather like we had on Monday, and for Newark too, might take a gravitational shift in the Earth's orbit which does unfortunately seem not as far fetched as I may joke.
We thought I ought to add a bit more to the thread as we had failed to mention that THE 'Jimmy's Farm' www.jimmysfarm.com is not very far from the pub:Smile: It is 1.8 miles on the shortest route or 2.5 miles if you want to take a very cycle friendly route on mostly small roads. The web site says there is plenty of parking and it and the restaurant is open every day. On the Saturday (April 2nd) there is a Farmers Market from 10am until 2pm.
On Sunday there may still be tables available for Mother's Day, for £30.00 a head, with every Mum receiving a complimentary glass of bubbly on arrival! They will be offering a choice of sittings at 11.30am, 2.00pm and 4.30pm, children can have a two course meal for £10.
Bit of a dilemma really as the White Horse also does food!
We also ought to add that there IS a bus stop outside the pub. I have not got a clue how to read a timetable though :Doh: Please post on this link if we have tempted you further, we are going straight to Tattingstone from Newark and others are welcome to do the same. Jane & Bob ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Does that mean Bob will be breaking out the frock again to get a free drink:ROFLMAO:

As you saw, the probably scrumptious meal to be had at Jimmy's Farm was £30 a head, even Bob would not class that at as a free glass of bubbly and worth getting his glad rags on for! ::bigsmile: OR, with the careful cutting, pasting and quoting were you hoping to indicate that we were supplying bubbly with Bob as the hostess with the mostess?? :ROFLMAO: Jane :Smile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Who have we got coming now Bob and Jane?::bigsmile:

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Who have we got coming now Bob and Jane?::bigsmile:

Ten units so far, room for eight more :Smile:

Bobandjane. Bob & Jane

Redsonja. Sonja & Kevin

Diablo. Dane & Hazel

Sundowners. Nigel & Pamala

Theonlysue. Sue

Brisey. Brian & Pam

Jaws . John & Mo

Clare.

Really nice area, well worth exploring. Jane :Cool:

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Here is an aerial photograph of Alton Water and a map of the cycle / walking route round the reservoir. You can actually deviate and go off on little paths on foot and the bit to the North (near the pub) also has a footpath right around it. Jane :Smile:

Attachments

• AltonWater(Aerial)Large.jpg
    AltonWater(Aerial)Large.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 10
  • altonmap2.jpg
    altonmap2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 16
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Just a thought, can you tell me what colour fire buckets are going to be acceptable? I don't want to fall foul of the marshals.:winky:

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
Day visit

Could we come just for a day visit just to say hi. We only live a few miles away so don't really want to stay.

Biggles

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Dane,
Stop making me out to be some sort of Dragon, Ok I admit that IS my Chinese sign :ROFLMAO:
Just make sure it is a RED bucket.

Biggles, you would be very welcome. Hope you are bringing the van, would love to have a look. We are wondering if you bought it from a guy up in Norfolk, Long Stratton and off to the left?

Any one else going to take a break down in Suffolk? Jane ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back