Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Lower Froyle, Alton, Hampshire Surrey borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
I've looked at this in the hope of finding a local agent to maintain my Motorhome at reasonable cost.
It transpires that few if any are supported by the manufacturers which means that to use them breaches warranty.
I wanted a damp and habitation check along with an engine service on my Burstner. As the manufacturer waon't support the Scheme it means travelling 100 miles to pay extortianate costs which seems unreasonable. Even then, I have got to travel additionally for the engine service !
Be warned..

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Mmmmmmh, habitation service has been done on our Autotrail by an AWS place for a couple of years and they accept it. They can also do repairs, if required, under AT warranty.

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
That was quick ! Burstner have made it clear that checks MUST be made by an authorised dealer.
I took it up with AWS and had this response.:-

Sent:
Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:53 AM

To: Norman Cottington

Subject: RE: MLA AW: Servicing & Habitation Checks.

Dear Mr Cottington

Thank you for your feedback – AWS will continue to work with the various continental manufacturers to bring them on board as a scheme supporting manufacturers as their presence in the UK market grows.

Kind Regards

Sarah

Sarah Wigmore

Approved Workshop Scheme Manager

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
I think you were lucky. I can only show the exchange I had with Burstner direct!

"I own a 2015 Burstner Aviano that was purchased new. Please confirm that if I have my annual service and habitation check carried out by a member accredited by the Approved Workshop Scheme you will accept that I have complied with all Warranty conditions.

"We thank you for your message.
However, we are afraid, we do not accept annual test on vehicle tightness proceeded by non official Bürstner dealer.
We hope with your understanding and invite you for this test to make an appointment with a Bürstner dealer.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Cordialement / Best Regards
Mickael Lardon
Customer Care"

Bürstner GmbH & Co. KG
Elsäßer Straße 80, 77694 Kehl

Germany

T: +49 7851 85 -950

info@buerstner.com

www.buerstner.com

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
The only thing Hymer insist on is the Water ingress test being done by a Hymer dealer, which is a pain until it's six years old. Is that what they mean by 'vehicle tightness'

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Yes, It's the water ingress or damp check. The nearest dealership won't incorporate it within a habitation check and in any event charge virtually double price for each.!
Last year I drove 150 miles each way incorporating an overnight stop in the car park to get it done. I wanted other work done and saved more than £250 against what the supplying dealership wanted to charge which made it worthwhile,

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
We still travel the 75 miles and pay £135 for damp check only, just to maintain the six year warranty. We use our local AWS and Fiat Professional Commercial for everything else, still saving hundreds a year from having everything done at Lowdhams.
Once the warranty has expired Lowdhams will never see us again.

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
It's such a shame that the Dealerships don't see the value of providing competatively priced services. They would undoubtedly get more repeat business.
I won't use ours for anything I'm not forced to and I wouldn't buy another motorhome from them.
Even the different dealerships around the country are not consistent with their pricing. They seem to charge whatever they think they can get away with.

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Lowdhams were great to buy from regarding the price they wanted and what they offered us for our part exchange. We were very happy with the transaction having checked around other dealers, just went downhill from there, regarding after sales service. It doesn't feel right that they take the Motorhome to somewhere else, off site. Customers never get to see the work shop or speak to the workshop staff.
Wouldn't be without ours now and have no intentions to swap for anything else.

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Our dealership were also good at point of sale and their aftersales service still good and everything done in their on site purpose built workshop. It's what they expect us to pay for it that I take issue with. It's daft that if I travel I can get another main dealer to do the work for almost 50% less !

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's such a shame that the Dealerships don't see the value of providing competatively priced services.

They do when things get tight, when they are not selling many you can't get out the door with them wanting to fit everything from solar to towbar, inverters and alarms. But when vans are selling like they have been the last couple of years they are just not interested. They just can't keep up with their own stuff like pdi's and warranty.

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Hi Jim,
You're right. Once they have sold the Van they have a captive audience and think they can charge what they like.
It was Southdowns in Portsmouth and I have done the review as sugested

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back