Applying Decals (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Hi,
I want to put a decal on the rear of the MoHo, quite a large Eagle, you know the type. Someone suggested soap or detergent to act as a slip. But wouldn't that spoil the adhesive. Anyone with expertise on putting these decals on?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
That's the way to do it by applying a soapy solution to the van first, difficult to get all the air bubbles out though. The dry method is very risky if you happen to go wrong.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
use a old spray bottle and put about two drops of washing up liquid in it , and the rest water . You then spray the surface of the decal
and place on vehicle . Then you need a squeegee bit bigger than a credit card , and start from centre and go to edge keeping flat and work out liquid and any bubbles . and a bit of luck if its first time :)
Make sure surface you are applying to is clean and grease free .
Do when weather is warm and dry , so decal is more flexible , and the wetter dries quicker .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sid1234

Free Member
Jun 3, 2014
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
How To Make: Vinyl Car Decal Application Fluid Mixture. From YouTube

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Make sure the surface you're applying it to is perfectly clean, use white spirit or something like that to degrease it.

Then spray it with soapy water and apply the decal. If it's a large one then fix one edge of the applicator film with masking tape and work from diagonally from one corner. A window squeegee thing is useful to work the bubbles out.

As long as you use soapy water you'll get the bubbles out easily. If you don't use soapy water you have absolutely no chance of sicking it without getting bubbles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks for the tips, especially the amount of soap in the water. Will have a go next week if the snow has blown away.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Definitely use some sort of solvent to clean the surface thoroughly beforehand. I used Isopropanol.

I didn't use any soapy water on mine and it went on OK, but that's only because I didn't know the technique.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back