Apple IPAD loaded Quickoffice (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
A friend of mine suggested I purchased an app from apple for my apple IPAD (Original) it cost £13.99.

The app by Quickoffice allows me to write letters using 2003 or 2007 mircosoft type word.. plus there is an exel and presentation tools.. can be used off line and allows PDF's to opened and worked on.

Early stages of use, but it does do what it says on the tin. At last a real way to write a normal letter.. cannot find a spell checker, but there are tools like bold, underline and you can select the font and size and italic... worth checking out if you want to use the Ipad for more than it was intended.

Having had the early version now for a year I can say it has done all I wanted and more.. great bit of kit.. would love the IPAD2.. but this is still going well so that will have to wait. Would like one of the notepads..but still very expensive compared to my Dell laptops

Bob

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Openoffice

Hi Bob,

I've been using Openoffice pro on the Android Pad and it is brilliant.

As you say.

It is very good.

Steve.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Another case of overcharging Apple users by the looks of it I'm afraid.

Quickoffice came free on my Nokia E63 phone. WP, Spreadsheet and presentation options all compatible with MS Office/Open Office on PC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Opens up a bigger world

For the Ipad this opens up a much bigger world for us. I have all the various microsoft progs on my 3 Dells (laptops) various uses.. XP and 7

Now my IPAD can do a lot of extra things like write a letter and air print it... great.

While I am the first to agree the Apple products are over proced. What I will say is the support is second to none, the quality of the product is first class and it does not crash like a Dell in fact it does not look or sound like a Dell using mircrosoft software... the Apple is far far more stable and faster.

Just wished I could splash out £1800 on the one I fancy. But as the Dell's do the job in the end, and I have the IPAD I will just have to wait.

The Dell I am writing this on is a Inspiron 9100 - 8 years old and a brick.. small memory, but does the job.. cable linked to an Brother printer fax on good old XP in my home office. One of the Dell's - note pad I purchased in the USA is on the RV to use a dongle when out and about and works OK also XP.. on the lounge table is the Dell flip which is 7 .. still getting to grips with that.. my Housing Association board member machine to work with as needed at home or when I go in to the office (note unpaid).. the IPAD I use all the time, for my emails and music etc., home and out and about (but is version 1 and has no wifi but large 64gb storage).. love it.

It is horses for courses.. I use an elcheapo Nokia pay as you go phone - hate moble phones.. £10 credit last a year.. yet I also have an IPHONE4 whic Sue uses on a year contract air time only.. we purchased and unresticted phone from Apple direct.. much better deal and can pick and chose the contract / supplier / and the price.

But this new add on to the IPAD is great and recommended.

Bob

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I downloaded Officesuite Professional 5 on the Android Tablet from the Android Market and that is Exactly what I want.

About £11.20 from Mobi Systems.

Well impressed with that one.

Don't know whether they do it for Apples?

I agree that the build quality is excellent and I love the Apple O/S and architecture...

Androids are grabbing the market share though.:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back