Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Dunno but mine is wifi only if that makes any difference? I tether to my iphone if wifi isnt available. I watched Captain America flawlessy streamed on a FON connection last week and battery dropped to 82% which I'm more than happy with.
I bought the 32gb and the staff swayed me to the 3 rather than 2 due to a better processor which new apps will take advantage of and of course ios6. 2's wont works as well as 3's on the latest software

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's not really bad. Just saying worse than the 1 and 2 plus it takes a lot longer to charge. Mine is a 3 G so that might be it but I don't think the article I read differentiated between the 2. Don't know about different processors but my wife's 2 can do anything mine can with ( in my opinion) a better resolution screen.

We need some computer boffins to comment on this one.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I will have to read those later as difficult on the phone. I did read the Stuff one though. It mentions time to charge and refers to 10 hours of use. That's not my experience and it doesn't say how that compares to the 2. The camera might be better ( I haven't noticed) but I suspect few buy a tablet as a replacement camera.

I am still in the iPad 2 camp at the moment and regret shelling out for the 3.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have i phone 4s, did the update , around 45 mins , error message appears on laptop screen, now i phone will not work all I get is a screen with "i tunes " and a usb plug ikon.
Cannot restart and laptop does not recognise to enable default so off to Apple shop on monday. Wish I'd not started as it worked fine before :Doh:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I have i phone 4s, did the update , around 45 mins , error message appears on laptop screen, now i phone will not work all I get is a screen with "i tunes " and a usb plug ikon.
Cannot restart and laptop does not recognise to enable default so off to Apple shop on monday. Wish I'd not started as it worked fine before :

If its off

Plug onto iTunes
Try to do it as close together as poss
Press the on off button and home button for 10 seconds
Should force a full reboot

Did a gogle found this
http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonetroubleshooting/a/Iphone-Recovery-Mode.htm

Hope this helps
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Cannot restart and laptop does not recognise to enable default so off to Apple shop on monday. Wish I'd not started as it worked fine before :

If its off

Plug onto iTunes
Try to do it as close together as poss
Press the on off button and home button for 10 seconds
Should force a full reboot

Did a gogle found this
http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonetroubleshooting/a/Iphone-Recovery-Mode.htm

Hope this helps
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Tried it but no luck :Sad:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
After the "crash" took it to genius bar at Apple store.
The young guy that dealt with me said his did the same last week.
When downloading IOS6 a brief drop out on the broadband will mean that the I Phone finishes with no operating system.
Mine was then loaded in store and backed up from i cloud :thumb::thumb:

Xan

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new
Last edited:
OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
iPad and iPhone both ok. I started update on pub wifi and had to leave before complete, back at my digs It logged on to their wifi and the update continued from a paused state so I don't understand why some are having issues

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I downloaded it on my iPad, took about 40mins and works a treat, maps seem to be ok as well, at least it shows my house and my bro in laws where they should be:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back