LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
My old laptop recently broke so after using windows for many years I decided to buy a mac.

For me it all seemed very strange at first trying to navigate my way around.

Soon found out that apple do FREE workshops . I have gone to three already and I only purchased it 5 days ago.

Anyone can go no matter how long you have had your purchase. You can also pop in to the genius bar for free help with a problem.

All the staff seem very knowledgeable ,helpful and friendly.

Yes the macbook wasnt cheap but here I can see one of the reasons it costs more.

Well done Apple. Very impressed.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Times two. I bought an iMac a month ago after getting fed up with Windows 10. Thought it would be a long and steep learning curve - it wasn't. Took advantage of their online training and am very impressed.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
These posts contradict each other ... if its so easy to use WHY do you need to go to workshops! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
These posts contradict each other ... if its so easy to use WHY do you need to go to workshops! :D
Who said it was easy :)

Like anything, things are only easy when you know how.:LOL:

Tuition for me is the key..along with the youtube tutorials if I forget things. Face to face tuition is great though cos you can ask the Qs.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

If you've always been a Windows drone then a few workshops are a good idea to break the brainwashing and ease you in to a different, much easier, much more intuitive way of working.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've had a mac in the past but much prefer Windows ... the only thing I liked about the mac was the little eyeballs that 'watched' your cursor as you moved around the screen! :D

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Anyone can go no matter how long you have had your purchase. You can also pop in to the genius bar for free help with a problem.

All the staff seem very knowledgeable ,helpful and friendly.

The service level is better than fantastic. In the very unlikely event you have a problem or breakage with the device, no matter how old it is, they will look after you. They generally ignore the actual warranty period and will help you at any time as long as you go to them first.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've had a mac in the past but much prefer Windows ... the only thing I liked about the mac was the little eyeballs that 'watched' your cursor as you moved around the screen! :D

I've only got one Windows machine left at work that I can't dump. It acts solely as a print server for one of my machines because the software involved isn't available for any other platform.

It's hidden in a corner where nobody important is ever likely to see it

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You can all laugh. (y)

I'm my industry if anyone ever found out that I was using any Micro$oft products I'd be a laughing stock. :unsure: Nobody would ever take me seriously again :(

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
The service level is better than fantastic. In the very unlikely event you have a problem or breakage with the device, no matter how old it is, they will look after you. They generally ignore the actual warranty period and will help you at any time as long as you go to them first.
I was speaking to one of the staff about this yesterday as I was asking why a well known store can give £100 back and Apple don't. The guy was explaining in Scotland the consumer rights is 5 yrs so if a product was faulty within this period Apple would fix it no quibbles whereas with a well known store I might have to prove the fault existed at time of purchase. Fingers crossed it doesn't go faulty for me.:)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I was day dreaming about buying a new tablet the other day and was reading some reviews of the Google Pixel C and the iPad Air 2. There doesn't seem to be a lot in it between them in the 32Gb size but I am very tempted by the iPad because you can run a version of Adobe Lightroom on it which looks much better than the Lightroom Mobile you can get for Android. I must confess to being tempted and the choice now is between a new tablet (probably iPad) or a Macro lens for my camera - as both are about the same price. :)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I am very tempted by the iPad because you can run a version of Adobe Lightroom on it which looks much better than the Lightroom Mobile you can get for Android.
Not to mention the help supplied for whatever tasks you want to do.

I am attending the video editing and also photos workshops and really enjoying them. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back