Apple I cloud and phishing (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The best defence against this type of attack is never to click on a link in an email. This doesn't just apply to Apple but Facebook, Ebay, Paypal, your bank, pretty much any thing that involves you logging in. If it's really from them they won't ask you to click a link to verify details. If you aren't sure then go to the log in page in the way you usually would, via you web browser and log in there. Never, never click links in emails.

I had one once purporting to be from my bank. I spotted it right away but clicked it to have a look. The page it took me to looked perfect. The only thing wrong was the URL (web address) at the top of the page was wrong. I entered some random gibberish for user ID and password which the page accepted and took me to what, again, looked like the 2nd page should look and asked for the usual security info. I entered gibberish again which it accepted and took me to a new page asking for complete personal info - name, address, DoB, card number etc. On this page I entered as many different swear words as I could think of. When I clicked submit the next page was "Thank you for verifying your information. Please log in as usual" and a link to the correct login page of my bank. It would be easy to get caught by one of these, especially if you aren't particularly tech savvy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back