Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Although quite disappointed that my 18 month old MacBook Aire has suddenly crashed out and died I was quite impressed with the help I had yesterday.

I didn’t take out the aftercare plan, but despite that they were very keen to help and after the technical guy could’nt help he didn’t hesitate to tell me that under consumer protection I could get it repaired or replaced at no cost. As long as no damage by me is evident, which it shouldn’t be.

So despite not having the extra care plan it at least seems promising I hope?

Just wondering about others experiences in this scenario?

Dave

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
My experience years ago on a newish ipad was that as it was a software issue they wanted to charge £25 to tell me the same tips I found on tinternet free!!!. Bought nothing apple since

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Apple's after sales is fantastic. I've never taken out any kind of extended warranty but that's never been an issue.

Don't be surprised if when you take it to an Apple Store they just replace it. They won't spend a lot of time on yours - it will either be a quick fix or they'll give you a new one. It being out of warranty won't matter and neither will any "consumer rights," their service goes way beyond what the law says you may be entitled to.

I've had a couple of out of warranty iPads replaced and once took a MacBook Pro in for a quoted repair, they (I think) invented a "recall notice" on the spot and did the repair for free.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That is very reassuring Dave.. and the kind of service owners have come to enjoy from Apple, good luck having it repaired or replaced..

In 20 odd years of owning Apple products they have been faultless and haven't any experience of that scenario.. The only repair I needed was when I carelessly threw a 17" Powerbook into the boot of the car and cracked the screen.. it was replaced by Apple and I claimed on my house insurance..

We now own three iPhones, one Airbook, one MacBook Pro and an iMac.. great products and worth the premium .. no problems with them ..

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I must have had someone on a bad day!! It was the attitude as well as the cost especially as we had bought 2 at some cost it was a while ago and they were in real terms expensive items then.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I had an IMac that was well out of warranty. Took it into the store (in a large suitcase) for an appointment. The guy said it was goosed (no shit Sherlock) and to leave it with them for three or four days. The following morning - hey presto, fixed, new HDD no cost.

Try that one with a Samsung Galaxy tab............

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
However.......

Lots of iPhone problems today.....

I said to Siri, surely it can’t rain again today
She replied yes it can and don’t call me Shirley
I forgot to take my phone off Airplane mode:getmecoat:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Nice reassurance from everyone thanks. I was surprised that they seemed so keen to point out my consumer rights I must say. Apparently although I have no AppleCare, it came with a five year guarantee against faulty workmanship. I’ve been given a case number and an appointment at the Leicester Apple store.

Hopefully it will go well :)

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Quick update.

Visited Apple store today in Leicester and all sorted in a couple of hours. Replaced MLB whatever that is.

Only cost was Ginny’s shopping bill ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back