appeal from liverpool marina to allow motorhome parking (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I went to Liverpool Marina on the day this all kicked off. Basically the marina lease the front car park off the council and parking of motorhomes is not allowed under the lease. The complaint was made by the residents of the apartments which overlook the car park. I went for the tall ships festival and the marina managed to fit me in to his private car park but it was very cosy to say the least. Next morning I went for a walk and found that Kings Road Car park has spaces marked out for motorhomes at the same price as the marina but in this case the money goes in to the council pockets so a case of double standards. It is a better parking spot in my opinion as you are a lot closer to Albert Dock and other attractions. On the night I stopped car park attendants came round several times and as long as you showed that you had paid £15 for 24 hours then it was not problem staying overnight.
@GJH over to you

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
@GJH over to you
Why? Is there a problem?

As I read it the council has put a condition in the marina lease to avoid complaints from the people it wishes to attract there but has made provision for motorhomes (which is what some keep bellyaching about but won't do anything themselves about) somewhere nearby.
That would (or, at least, should) be a solution welcomed by all shouldn't it?
Presumably the owners of the marina (or their solicitor) read (and agreed to) the terms before they signed the lease so why should they expect to be able to break those terms?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Why? Is there a problem?

As I read it the council has put a condition in the marina lease to avoid complaints from the people it wishes to attract there but has made provision for motorhomes (which is what some keep bellyaching about but won't do anything themselves about) somewhere nearby.
That would (or, at least, should) be a solution welcomed by all shouldn't it?
Presumably the owners of the marina (or their solicitor) read (and agreed to) the terms before they signed the lease so why should they expect to be able to break those terms?
yeah agree with you but just wondered what you thought of the council allowing parking, has that made it a camp site now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
How many times does the law have to be explained?
Please look back at the many earlier posts because I'm tired of repeating myself.
so its a campsite now then.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
How many times does the law have to be explained?
Please look back at the many earlier posts because I'm tired of repeating myself.
if as you say parking a motorhome on a carpark makesit a camp site , presumably you can now get your bbq out and your table and chairs on this one.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The
I went to Liverpool Marina on the day this all kicked off. Basically the marina lease the front car park off the council and parking of motorhomes is not allowed under the lease. The complaint was made by the residents of the apartments which overlook the car park. I went for the tall ships festival and the marina managed to fit me in to his private car park but it was very cosy to say the least. Next morning I went for a walk and found that Kings Road Car park has spaces marked out for motorhomes at the same price as the marina but in this case the money goes in to the council pockets so a case of double standards. It is a better parking spot in my opinion as you are a lot closer to Albert Dock and other attractions. On the night I stopped car park attendants came round several times and as long as you showed that you had paid £15 for 24 hours then it was not problem staying overnight.

The Kings road carpark doesn't appear on the council list and appears to be private run by Kingpark.co.uk and they state on their website:

Parking available for cars and short wheelbase vans only

NO LIVE IN VEHICLES, HGVS, OR TRAILERS ALLOWED ON SITE

So maybe they don't have permission either.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
so its a campsite now then.
if as you say parking a motorhome on a carpark makesit a camp site , presumably you can now get your bbq out and your table and chairs on this one.
Last time I shall bother on this thread: Please look back at the many earlier posts because I'm tired of repeating myself.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Sheesh.

I’m coming to Liverpool Saturday night. I emailed and they said the Marina was open and just to pull in. Can anyone confirm this is still the case or do I have to, as above go in a car park at the yacht club? I usually always stay at Kings dock but I see from above that you can’t now overnight?

Does anyone know the currrnt factual situation?

Thank you.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Sheesh.

I’m coming to Liverpool Saturday night. I emailed and they said the Marina was open and just to pull in. Can anyone confirm this is still the case or do I have to, as above go in a car park at the yacht club? I usually always stay at Kings dock but I see from above that you can’t now overnight?

Does anyone know the currrnt factual situation?

Thank you.
See

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...a-overnight-parking-latest-at-13-8-18.181416/

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun