Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
Having treated myself to a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 I searched Play Store for loads of useful android apps to load it up. I now use it for everything great bit of kit but unknown to me there was an app waiting I never new about its called "Lyric Pad" this is proving to be very useful, as I play guitar and sing (try) most days purely hobby and odd "Open Mic Night"
This app allows you to load type in lyrics and chords then you can program it to scroll at the correct speed (bpm) the chords are highlighted and the big bonus the font can be increased so i can read the lyrics and chords without my reading Glasses.
I am now in the process of building up my songbook in the Lyric pad which can then be organised in to sets.
Another very useful feature is you can put MP3 Backing tracks in the programme and link them to the Lyrics. I don't normally use backing but its a nice to have.
Am going to modify my large music stand to hold the little Tablet.
Probably the most useful app I have so far.
Anyone else used this app?
Mick

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Not that particular one but I do use "On Song" on my Ipad which sounds similar. That has a scrolling feature together with a synchronised play back of pre recorded songs off iTunes to practice along with and a stage light feature which dims the screen to make it easier to see in a low light. All very useful stuff to increase the repertoire beyond that which you can remember well enough to perform in public. Good luck with it - maybe see you with your guitar at one of the Funsters meets?

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I did hear Eric Clapton relies quite heavily on that app:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Hi Martin. I've been looking at OnSong and thinking of buying it. Does the auto scrolling work well? I don't really want to have to use my hands to scroll but worry about getting ahead or behind of the scrolling.

MickeyP -I had a look in Apple App Store but couldn't find lyric pad. Maybe it's android only?

Mike

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Martin. I've been looking at OnSong and thinking of buying it. Does the auto scrolling work well? I don't really want to have to use my hands to scroll but worry about getting ahead or behind of the scrolling.

You can set the speed of the auto scroll to suit the tempo that you play the song at. You can also add sticky notes to the song if you want to add an aide memoire for intros etc. there is also a coloured highlight feature which I use to show chord progressions. The other useful feature is the ability to create a set list for a particular gig and then organise the songs into the order you will play them. I believe that it's an app that some pros use as it is also capable of synchronising by Bluetooth with other iPads that other band members may be using. Clever stuff!

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I never cease to be amazed at IT advancements ::bigsmile: How long before symphony orchestras just have i-pads instead of music :thumb:

Mike

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Mike, the OnSong auto scroll lets you set the song lenght or you can get a foot pedal to do the scrolling manually. Loading any song from the tinternet takes seconds. This is the future and it's Bye Bye to the old song folders ::bigsmile:

Richard

OP
OP
MickyP

MickyP

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus

MickeyP -I had a look in Apple App Store but couldn't find lyric pad. Maybe it's android only?

Mike

Mike perhaps it it Andriod only? and Apple have their own? the licenced version of Lyric pad cost about £5

Mick

Martin
Yes would love to join in on a Music meet trouble is don't get any in my area (Murcia Spain

The more i use the app the more i like it, spent more time recently with the App than the Guitar?

Great that I can just copy Lyric straight in as a Plain Text then tidy up saves a lot of Typing? One day I will get all my stuff on there, will save lugging lots of folders about.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back