Apology to just about everybody (1 Viewer)

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Over the last little while I have had people honking their horns at me and being particularly cross for what seemed like no apparent reason.

They would give me gestures along the lines of "what do you think you are playing at?" and I would reply with my gesture which meant "can't you see my bloody indicator - moron?"

Turns out my near side rear light cluster had fallen out of its socket and was resting out of sight in the lower cavity. As a consequence my left indicator did not blink to the outside world.

Very, very sorry.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
years ago I ran in the back of a car that had no brake lights, but still got blamed for the whole accident

not needing to reopen those old wounds, but I now regularly have a word with motorists when I can when I see they have no brake lights, it is a scarily common thing to see (I maybe notice more than others due to my accident)

The latest thing I have noticed is that many cars only have the high level LED brake light working, presuming both the other bulbs have failed

with modern electronics it is disappointing that all vehicles don't have a warning on the dash if any bulb has gone, mine do (MH and car)

I guess this wold help the OP if it simply out of place but still operating, but a timely reminder to make regular checks of all lights, and try braking and indicating at same time to look for earth issues when checking

Apology accepted by the way (y)

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
As an ex professional driver no vehicles go out of our yard ( or when on a campsite) without a walk round check of lights and tyres at the start of the day, you can after all be prosecuted for lighting faults.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
As an ex professional driver no vehicles go out of our yard ( or when on a campsite) without a walk round check of lights and tyres at the start of the day, you can after all be prosecuted for lighting faults.

Bit difficult to walk round vehicle with foot on brake

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
People are honking because they see no left hand indicator? Give yourself a star for trying at least. Had a moment on the A38 this evening when the loon in front starting slowing down for no reason, until I spotted the slip road where he slid off, elbow out of window, fag in hand. Lazy driving but I congratulated myself on not getting worked up.

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
Many, many years ago, on a dark, rainy wet morning in Swindon, just left home on my motorbike en route for Winchester, with the orange street lighting reflecting off the road and everything else, I failed to see a large box wagon parked outside the newsagents until the last moment. Dropped the 'bike, (too late to turn) and managed to slide under the tailgate without too much trouble or injury - thanks to the Corker crash helmet. The driver came out from the shop clutching his paper to find me stood up surveying my 'bike. The police station (next door to the shop) was alerted and a copper rushed out to find out what had happened. When the driver was interviewed he said he'd picked up the brand new vehicle from the dealers the evening before. It later was found that the rear lights had never been connected! No wonder I didn't see it. Fortunately, the lorry firm picked up the tab for repairs to my 'bike.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Bit difficult to walk round vehicle with foot on brake

thats the wifes job,, seriously though when i was driving for a living it was dark most mornings when i started and you could see the glow of brake lights in your mirrors...BUSBY :):)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Much easier to see what manoeuvre most are making in towns, 1. When they slow down and drive well into the left they are certain to turn right. 2. When they pull well over to the right, even crossing the centre line, they are turning left. Never fails, and no indications needed from them, the odd few that do indicate. Must be the new way of teaching to drive manoeuvre, maybe signal, mirror.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i once replaced(wrongly) the cables on the steering of a speed boat which resulted in reverse steering amazing how hard it was to steer and lean

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
It says India on my tyres, but it doesn't mean I'm going there..............:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back