Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
OK I know the warm weather is a big draw for you guys that live permanently down in France, Spain Portugal etc.

I love the Sun, but I am also a big fan of the seasons and some of the best days ever are those late winter early spring mornings with a heavy frost, blue sky and a weak but (relatively) warm sun.

So.. is it just the weather that makes you starlings flock south? Or do you have bigger and better reasons to live outside the UK?

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
We had days like that when we first visited the Limousin in winter - they really are beaultiful, and being that much further south the sun has some real warmth in it::bigsmile:. Spain may be warmer still, but who wants to spend time in what is becoming one huge building site crammed into spanish campsites when there are so many beautiful places in europe. Put on an extra sweater and enjoy finding the best places - why else live in a motorhome?:winky:

Bob and Di

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Why overseas

Hello

A lot of things are cheaper too - diesel, net access, food, clothes.....Does have it's draw backs though. A distinct lack of Warburton's toastie bread for instance.

Russell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
is it just the weather that makes you starlings flock south? Or do you have bigger and better reasons to live outside the UK?

:RollEyes: You mean apart from:-

Politicaly correct plonkers?
Politicians not listening to the people but feathering their own nests anyway?
The incessant discussions about Diana and ANY of the ROYAL (????) Family?
Religion in ALL it's various forms that creat the biggest problems in the world today?
Ethnic minorities that have more rights and privileges than the 60 Million non ethnics?
Chavs?
Thieves?

Forget it. I'll be here all day. :ROFLMAO:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
What U been doing down there?

Thought it would be a lot brighter this time of year?

Must be warmer than here.Had a few frosts recently but bright last week.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Smile: It has been very warm on and off until yesterday. Cold winds have picked up. Looks like the SUN may come out again later. Just in time to greet our Dutch friends and go for our get-together Chino in Altea. :winky:

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Near Malaga, Spain...........Today.........Breakfast on the terrace, blue clear sky, lunch with friends that will last all afternoon at about half the UK price. Will not have to keep checking if the car is still there, unlikly to get mugged on way home. 18 year old daughter worked 'till 2.30 thismorning [Pro Singer] and was not raped etc on way home.

Down to town hall tomorrow to pay road tax [45euro] and council tax [125 euro], water, rubbish etc...... thus bringing my total council bills for the year to 355 euro.....

And why oh why do motorhomes come down to southern Spain and stay in crowded campsites on a concrete coastline........and the MOAN about it........Brit mentality I expect.................

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
And why oh why do motorhomes come down to southern Spain and stay in crowded campsites on a concrete coastline........and the MOAN about it........Brit mentality I expect................. .

:Cool: Not me. Although I prefer to be out and about Wild-Camping. I have nothing to moan about here on Camping 'Almafra'. We DO expect bad weather at times in Spain. We have over 11 years experineces of the Gota Fria. :ROFLMAO:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
:Cool: Not me. Although I prefer to be out and about Wild-Camping. I have nothing to moan about here on Camping 'Almafra'. We DO expect bad weather at times in Spain. We have over 11 years experineces of the Gota Fria. :ROFLMAO:

OOOh I do envy you this time of year.

You back for Christmas or staying down there until Spring?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

Religion in ALL it's various forms that creat the biggest problems in the world today?
Ethnic minorities that have more rights and privileges than the 60 Million non ethnics?
Chavs?
Thieves?

Well that list is SPOT in my view too!
:thumb::thumb:

My bones ache like hell here in the cold and have to take endless pain killers that all have derogatory downside effects.

Would love to be in a warm climate:thumb:

Plus still have brit TV:thumb:

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Agree too

Chavs?
Thieves?

Yes, me too, I agree with your post John!:thumb:
We have just gone too P. C. at the expense of our own!!!:cry:

T

tay

Deleted User
travellers are ethnic minorities and hav no rights. if you live in your van, whether you are roma, new age, middle age or retired you are classed as a traveller. travellers have a bad time in britain. house dwellers with motorhomes are prejudiced against travellers yet love the same things about being in a van as do travellers, gypsies or what ever you want the label to be. just try getting van insurance without a residential postcode.
how many of the 60 million non ethnics (whatever that is not quite sure, we are from an island all our blood is a mixture of somewhere else) fly tip? build on green belts? fill up land fill sites that get turned into playgrounds? mug others? steal? etc etc etc? the majority of crime is done by "the majority" british public. white, racist, bigoted and thoughtless.
if you live in your wagon you are a minority, do you know what your rights are to live without harassment from locals, police, insurance companies? do you know what your rights are to live legally in your van? do you know what your rights are to park somewhere on a public highway one night, a week, a month (as car drivers often do with their cars)?

think about what your rights are before condemning those that already know whether they have any or not.

if there are minorities that do have rights maybe its because they fought for them. what do the "british majority" that keep going on about the rights of minorities fight for? my guess is nothing. my experience shows that this "british majority" just accept whatever new law the government puts on them.

think about how much fun your motorhoming would be if you werent welcome in any village town city that you turned up in.

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Minority

I do not think that travelers were even mentioned.
But just look at the education system where the minority have more rights than the majority:cry::ROFLMAO:

T

tay

Deleted User
but saying "minorities" includes all minorities.

education system - what are the rights that the minorities have that are more than the rights that the majorities have?

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Political correctness

but saying "minorities" includes all minorities.

education system - what are the rights that the minorities have that are more than the rights that the majorities have?

Just look at the mixed race schools and political correctness gone mad.
I am saying no more except that if I and my family were in another country. We would have to fit in with their ways.
Here we have to also fit in with their ways . Something wrong I think!:cry:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
travellers are ethnic minorities and hav no rights. if you live in your van, whether you are roma, new age, middle age or retired you are classed as a traveller. travellers have a bad time in britain. house dwellers with motorhomes are prejudiced against travellers yet love the same things about being in a van as do travellers, gypsies or what ever you want the label to be. just try getting van insurance without a residential postcode.
how many of the 60 million non ethnics (whatever that is not quite sure, we are from an island all our blood is a mixture of somewhere else) fly tip? build on green belts? fill up land fill sites that get turned into playgrounds? mug others? steal? etc etc etc? the majority of crime is done by "the majority" british public. white, racist, bigoted and thoughtless.
if you live in your wagon you are a minority, do you know what your rights are to live without harassment from locals, police, insurance companies? do you know what your rights are to live legally in your van? do you know what your rights are to park somewhere on a public highway one night, a week, a month (as car drivers often do with their cars)?

think about what your rights are before condemning those that already know whether they have any or not.

if there are minorities that do have rights maybe its because they fought for them. what do the "british majority" that keep going on about the rights of minorities fight for? my guess is nothing. my experience shows that this "british majority" just accept whatever new law the government puts on them.

think about how much fun your motorhoming would be if you werent welcome in any village town city that you turned up in.

But we would be on holiday and spending cash improving other countries economies:winky:

============================================

With regard to the british majority I agree with you fully sadly :winky:

Take a good hard look at our country now:Eeek:

BTW:- if things are so great here why are you in Spain?:Doh:

Last edited:

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
travellers are ethnic minorities and hav no rights. if you live in your van, whether you are roma, new age, middle age or retired you are classed as a traveller. .....................

Where did that rant come from.........and why.......?

If ever I needed another reason to leave the UK thats it......not the minorities.....more like the left/right wing, head-up arse types........

T

tay

Deleted User
[/B]

But we would be on holiday and spending cash improving other countries economies:winky:

============================================
Take a good hard look at our country now:Eeek:

BTW:- if things are so great here why are you in Spain?:Doh:

Just look at the mixed race schools and political correctness gone mad.
I am saying no more except that if I and my family were in another country. We would have to fit in with their ways.
Here we have to also fit in with their ways . Something wrong I think!:cry:

if you are on holiday then you leave your house at home. if you live in your van then you take it with you. not everyone in their van is on holiday.

when british people go to live in other countries (take the southern spain) they do not fit in with the spanish way they create enclaves of britishness. they expect the spanish (or whomever) to speak english.

mixed race schools? define
political correctness gone mad? define

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Fit in

I agree about some of the Brits living in Spain, creating little England, but I have driven all over Europe and I have fitted in with the host countries ways and if I lived there I would not live in a little England society!
Some of my family have lived in the middle east and far east and likewise, they fitted in.
But come on. if these people come to live here, it must have something to offer better than where they come from, so why not fit in with our ways????

T

tay

Deleted User
I agree about some of the Brits living in Spain, creating little England, but I have driven all over Europe and I have fitted in with the host countries ways and if I lived there I would not live in a little England society!
Some of my family have lived in the middle east and far east and likewise, they fitted in.
But come on. if these people come to live here, it must have something to offer better than where they come from, so why not fit in with our ways????

and what are "our ways"?

T

tay

Deleted User
Where did that rant come from.........and why.......?

If ever I needed another reason to leave the UK thats it......not the minorities.....more like the left/right wing, head-up arse types........

is discussing an issue a rant?

is it left or right wing? and what do you mean by head-up arse type?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
if you are on holiday then you leave your house at home. if you live in your van then you take it with you. not everyone in their van is on holiday.

Your choice and maybe the locals (Spanish for instance) do feel the same as us Brits do about us entering their communities (but Brits generally take their wealth with them)

mixed race schools? define

Schools where english is the second language spoken.

political correctness gone mad? define

Where the indigenous have to keep silent, our traditions offend the minorities and rule by being the minority and easily offended yet we have to accept their traditions in silence :winky:

Last edited:
T

tay

Deleted User
Me thinks that you are just doing a wind:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

no wind just a pleasant sunday morning discussion!!!!

read back through the thread and answer some of the questions see what you come up with!!

better than whats in the morning papers

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp

read back through the thread and answer some of the questions see what you come up with!!

I off to cut my hedge back a bit:winky:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Too heavy

Getting too heavy for a pleasant sunday morning!:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back