Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
My awning when winding back in stops and starts and feels like teeth in the drive cogs are broken. Checked it out and can see no easy way in so have lubed what i can but to no avail.

Anybody know the fix or even what the makers name is so i can get a parts diagram ?

Many thanks,

spireite

Free Member
Jun 21, 2012
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
newbe
Hi, Sorry can't help you with the awning,,,but would be interested to hear your thoughts on the Apache, just bought one 4 weeks ago,,,,,heard mixed reviews on Autotrail generally

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i would presume it would be a fiamma awning as they seem to be the most popular one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I would suggest you phone my lot on 01-580-883062 and speak to Darren, Matt or ask to be transferred to the workshop and speak to Glenn or Ian.

We stock all spares for Fiamma if needed.

Peter

driving

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
doncaster southyorkshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
hi there,
just had the same problem with my fiamma, it was the gearbox where the winding handle fits on too the teeth round off. you can buy one from outdoor bits for £ 40 and fit yourself. you can go on to their website and have a look or you can contact them and they will advise you. if you take the end cap off you can see the gearbox and see how it fits:thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• 98655dash106.jpg
    98655dash106.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Finally sorted, gearbox gone.

As the Omnistor is in my opinion a rubbish design (whole blind off to get at gearbox) vs. Fiamma where all is easy to get at it has to go to the workshop.

New gearbox circa £70.00 and 1.5 to 2.0 hours labour @ £66.00 per so not to bad ish.

Booked in for next slot..................September !

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Paul.

Our gearbox was replaced on our Omnistor 5500, and it was just a matter of securing the 2 x elbow joints on the extending rafters to prevent deployment, and removing the end cap for access. It was all done and serviced in a matter of minutes, at the factory in Mennen. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi Paul.

Our gearbox was replaced on our Omnistor 5500, and it was just a matter of securing the 2 x elbow joints on the extending rafters to prevent deployment, and removing the end cap for access. It was all done and serviced in a matter of minutes, at the factory in Mennen. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

Hi Jock,
thanks for this.
Mine must differ as you cannot get the end cap off, myself and two guys from the repair shop attempted it and failed, it is tight against the camper with no play at all.

Cheers;

Jaybee

Free Member
May 5, 2013
Hatfield Herts
Funster No
MH
Fiat auto trail apache
Exp
Have literally just waved goodbye to my caravan engineer who has removed my sun awning (omnistor) from my auto trail apache 700SE which had same problem. It was the gearbox and have ordered one on line. Had to take whole thing off the vehicle to dissemble and take off old gearbox. There are bolts inside wardrobe, kitchen cupboard and overhead locker in rear compartment. It's very heavy so take care lifting off.
Good luck.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Have literally just waved goodbye to my caravan engineer who has removed my sun awning (omnistor) from my auto trail apache 700SE which had same problem. It was the gearbox and have ordered one on line. Had to take whole thing off the vehicle to dissemble and take off old gearbox. There are bolts inside wardrobe, kitchen cupboard and overhead locker in rear compartment. It's very heavy so take care lifting off.
Good luck.

Jaybee, dont know if you noticed but the post is almost a year old.. Guess he may have fixed it by now.. :winky:

Still handy info for others.. :thumb:

Jaybee

Free Member
May 5, 2013
Hatfield Herts
Funster No
MH
Fiat auto trail apache
Exp
Thanks Tonka
Don't know if you noticed but I have just become a member and have not yet become au fait with the system but thanks for your empathetic comment.
Regards
Jaybee

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Spireite

We have had an Apache for the past 2 years, although it is a 634L it is still built by Autotrail and we have had no problems apart from the pump which is a bit noisy. We travelled down to Spain last year over the top of the Pyrenees and back through Andora and the van performed very well, we currently live in Germany and try to get away every weekend, and it does everything I need. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Thanks Tonka
Don't know if you noticed but I have just become a member and have not yet become au fait with the system but thanks for your empathetic comment.
Regards
Jaybee

Well welcome on board.

Mine was found when taken apart to be uneconomical to repair so i ended up replacing it with a Fiamma as they can be opened and parts replaced far more easily.
Damage was £800.00 all in which hurt.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back