LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Depends on what is considered unusual. I wouldn't hit the road without my indispensible collection of roadkill recipes. Probably not all that unusual though.

Dinner at my place?

Oh please tell us more, sounds fascinating, love alternative.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Not sure if it's unusual, I have cut back a bit now, but Ed did count that I had taken 22 pairs of shoes with me to France once .:Eeek:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
not in mine van.but a german couple in the next van the lady had 60 pairs of shoes.and a BALLGOWN.now I have never seen that before.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
only 22 - I say thats restraint. I have at least 4 pairs flip flops, - leather (but can't take in campsite shower), sparkly for going out (again no good for shower) Havianas, brilliant for everything and birkenstocks.( in 3 colours - but usually only take 1, maybe 2) I keep putting in different cubby holes, hoping they won't be discovered:Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Depends on what is considered unusual. I wouldn't hit the road without my indispensible collection of roadkill recipes. Probably not all that unusual though.

Dinner at my place?
nowt wrong with roadkill, I once collected 4 pheasants a duck and 3 woodies on a 5 mile stretch of road I had coverered a few hours earlier so I know they were fresh.

I also carry bolt cutters, a mattock, a folding shovel, a saw.

Doesn't everyone?

I've just realized that I still have a can of de-icer under the driver's seat.
That's going equipped, you could get done for that.

I carry everything and anything, last trip included a couple of radial arm saws:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and a metal detector.

Last edited:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We have a drum kit in our van :winky: ( A Roland V Drums kit admittedly so packs up into a box and the frame stands up under bed) also an amplifier which doubles as an occasional table, a Spanish Cajon ( Flamenco drum) which also doubles as an occasional table and a Bodhran ( Irish drum). A TEAC tuner / amp / cd player with Bose speakers lives in a cupboard. The subwoofer is yet another occasional table!

This is why we have no room for food! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I sacrifice food before clothes! :winky:

All this in a panel van! :winky:

OP
OP
Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
We have a drum kit in our van :winky: ( A Roland V Drums kit admittedly so packs up into a box and the frame stands up under bed) also an amplifier which doubles as an occasional table, a Spanish Cajon ( Flamenco drum) which also doubles as an occasional table and a Bodhran ( Irish drum). A TEAC tuner / amp / cd player with Bose speakers lives in a cupboard. The subwoofer is yet another occasional table!

Can't make up my mind whether I would love to be parked next to you and join in a good jammin' session or be as far away as possible with ears plugs. On reflection - probably joining in

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Probably not unusual at all really! Just making things a bit more civilised.

Flocked clothes hangers (The Range) your clothes don't fall off like they do on metal and they don't clank about when travelling either.

Lots of foody bits and pieces including foodsaver vac packs ie Capers, olives, roasted red peppers, Grated and block cheese and Parmesan ....... Fresh herbs that have been washed, vac packed and frozen. Saves wastage at home and makes it easy to pick up a few main ingredients or create a great Pizza, much lighter than carrying lots of jars and much less bulky than tupperware.

You soon get your money back on a food saver machine if only by extending the life of lots of half used packets, expensive leftovers etc. You can also take prepared stews, curries etc.a posh candle! And a few small but nice tapas style serving dishes.

I make and vac pack posh biscuits too as a treat ..... Putting them in a Betty's tin! ......Prepping Road kill sounds a bit gory to me though I wouldn't mind cooking it:Eeek:..... we do have a bit of fishing tackle and I wouldn't mind gutting a decent fish.

Microwave and steamer bags ..........quick fish, veg or mash if on hook up and saves

Indian Spice Tin Box Masala Dabba, filled with favourite spices and blends for BBQ's etc.

Muggi cup / glass holders are brilliant.

Nespresso machine and capsules, its a small one in a cupboard with capsule dispenser on cupboard wall, coffee press for when not on hook up, small bottles of booze that I top up from home for special coffees, (tia maria and creme de menthe make a lovely after eight coffee, aerosol cream ! :Blush::ROFLMAO:.... but not when the children are around!

Insulated cups so we can have a brew as we go.

I have bought some cheap jewellery just for camping,

Oh and 2 pairs of flip flops and a thin Kagool, just a thicker coat, Ugg boots, wellies and a brolly in winter ..........I like to travel light really, can't do with so much gear that you cant find anything. Oh and a decent first aid kit ..... The small ones are useless if you really have an accident.

Hubby has a watering can with a very long spout !! to fill the windscreen washer fluid......we couldn't believe how hard it was to get to, some tie wraps useful when hoses come loose etc, velcro stick pads, wide packing tape, bin liners, a decent 12v pump for tyres where you can set the pressure, a real spare wheel! ....thats unusual!

Last edited:

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
Must have something unusual on board as van seems very heavy on way home from five months in the sun. Not sure if a full disco/karaoke kit counts. Oh and the fact that when I left my house in November it was very cold so got Winter coats, boots, thick jumpers etc. and shoes, not sure how many. Then there's the bottles of water, plus a full tank (got to stock up when free-camping). Add to this the fact that I'm a shopaholic so there's enough food to feed an army (and there's only me, and not much of me either!). Oh, I nearly forgot the bottles of alcoholic liquid, I suppose they must weigh something. :Smile::thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
To granjan...
where do you get the coffee press when not on hook up please.
Tried to quote post and edit but difficult on small screen phone.
good idea about the steamer bags well have to get some of them.

We carry snow shovels for the unexpected in Portugal, used them once in Southport 4 years ago, still there, just in case.

We have 3 drawers full of useful junk.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
A large collection of " Monster High" dolls that my daughter collects and insists on bringing them all along:Doh:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)

This is why we have no room for food! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I sacrifice food before clothes! :winky:

All this in a panel van! :winky:
I struggle to find room for a bodhran (x2, but one fits inside the other) & a low 'D' whistle, so that's impressive! :thumb:

On the other hand, I do have to find room for a pretty big electric wheelchair & a 24" wheel folding bike. Also in a panel van.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Nothing unusual when im on my own unless you count my throwline when im miles away from any water.

However when she comes along its a different story :ROFLMAO:

spare kitchen sink anyone........ ::bigsmile:

on the last outing of @ newbury I stopped counting @ 10 pairs of flipflops I wont even start on the undies I learnt that lesson years ago....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back