Anyone want to travel Europe. (1 Viewer)

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
Don't forget the solo travellers meet in Garstang in April - see events for details (y)

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
I once travild from the uk to Timbuktu through Mauritania across the sharia with a friend sharing a land rover and tent there was three vehicles in the convoy six of us all best of friend's life long frend's
the guy a travailed with we haven't spoken from the day we got back.
same for the other two party's in the group.
I lost your point? Sorry

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
I travelled Europe many years ago and the night before my ex best friend told me he wasn't coming as gambled his holiday money and lost. Drowning my sorrows at my local another friend jumped at the chance to travel who was female and a nurse. She said she can be a nurse anytime but won't always get to travel. I worked well for 2 years!

Reactions: DBK

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Its big enough for more.....
We are a suspicious bunch arent we. I think it's in our nature, and unfortunately often our experience to not trust strangers.
we lived in hawaii (kauai) for a few years (oh those were the days!) and it was an uwritten rule that hitch hikers were always given a lift...true , small island so,easy to track any bad guys.but it was a lovely tradition and we met some fantastic people as a result.
probably doesn't help you, as we are very different people...but it can be a very positive experience.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Hubby and I as a couple in the motorhome - fine. We have been together for so long we are used to compromise and personal space and what the other's interests are.

I'm not sure I would want the same close experience with another friend. I have with traveled with a good friend / colleague and it was fun for the time we had but I was relieved when the time ran out and we were still good friends.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work but in the close confines of a motorhome you would need to be very clear about boundaries..... a few single nights and then weekends away first would be in order to see if you could stand food odour, bad breath and snores!

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
We are a suspicious bunch arent we. I think it's in our nature, and unfortunately often our experience to not trust strangers.
we lived in hawaii (kauai) for a few years (oh those were the days!) and it was an uwritten rule that hitch hikers were always given a lift...true , small island so,easy to track any bad guys.but it was a lovely tradition and we met some fantastic people as a result.
probably doesn't help you, as we are very different people...but it can be a very positive experience.
I think its a lovely gesture, and you probably wouldn't even think of it if you weren't tolerant and easy going?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back