Anyone using one of these? Seems to good to be true? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi Starburst,
I think I know what you mean. Although just getting used to it, I found the additional waypoint section and you can input the waypoints, not too sure how many but you certainly can put them in as an 'amendment' (if that's the right word) to your journey.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
I bought this earlier in the year,took us around Spain and Portugal with ease,but not worked out how to do the update yet.Also has 2 programmes one for trucks MH etc and one more suited to cars.
Link Removed

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Just got mine and getting used to the workings.The manual is poor and need a magnifing glass to read it but i only want to use the sat nav side so its not too much of a problem.I have to say i am impressed for £55 up to now ,but still take my tomtom just in case .I think its just a question of playing with it and see how it goes and if it turns out to be poor then at least its a lesson learned,but its looking good at the moment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Just got mine and getting used to the workings.The manual is poor and need a magnifing glass to read it but i only want to use the sat nav side so its not too much of a problem.I have to say i am impressed for £55 up to now ,but still take my tomtom just in case .I think its just a question of playing with it and see how it goes and if it turns out to be poor then at least its a lesson learned,but its looking good at the moment.

Treetops,

Just PM'd you.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Set mine up this morning, (it took ages to charge the battery from the box), however, very pleased to see how 'slick' it runs.
I 'did' have a 44ft lorry, 15' high, and 8'wide, but soon altered that. Switched the bluetooth off after accepting the phones, as it seems to knock holes in the battery power.
All in all, it great, and I like the add-ons they give you. Not sure about plugging in to update the maps yet, (as it advised), but that can come when I run it a bit. :thumb:

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Not updated mine yet either Tootles - not too sure if the instruction is just in case they are in stock for some time.

Reason I think this is at the end of where I live there is a new junction, not long opened and that's on there and the new bus turn point, and that's only been open for about 6/8 weeks so could well have the latest already on there. I did have a look at the update website but didn't go any further.

Regards,

Trikeman.:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

colyoung

Free Member
Oct 26, 2007
Hull
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
7 Years
Can you tell me what the GPS software is that is on this device?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
if the software is the same as mine its a igo system
http://www.igonavigation.com/
maybe a primo and if it is the same as mine its a wicked piece of kit for a fraction of the price of a snooper

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back