Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Link Removed

If so do they actually work as good as they say they do?
I am getting to the stage where i will be needing to replace the battery bank on the boat(6 batteries at 110ah, I am thinking of increasing the capacity next time), but i am a bit skint for a few months yet, so I was wondering if this gadget would give me anymore life in the old ones?
Thanks
Mark

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Never tried it but I suppose it is worth a gamble, be warned seller is not in the UK

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
If you check most battery maintainer chargers do supply 'pulses' to the battery to desulphate it anyway. Have a look at a few home brands, and look at the specs on these before ordering.:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
You will get hit for duty if buying from Australia

You might want to look at the UK market, otherwise you will get hit on duty buying it from Australia.

Sterling have a range of equipment that will do the same work.. regret more expensive, but I am sure you can hunt about for a cheaper option.

Bob

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
a bit late in seeing the original Q..but YES

:Smile: Sorry to all previous Funsters but just bumped into this old Post whilst searching for Self switching split chargers....:Sad:

However I have had one of these 'Pulse-de-suplhating gadgets' and it is still connected to my 240ah Batteries. Bought it from Oz land some 4/5 yrs ago and it seems to be doing its work.. and it has been permanently connected ever since. The 2 led's show a 'fault' or 'all is ok' or 'Testing' etc..
The only Negative to this original Ebay link is that I am 99.99999% sure I paid more for it back then..:cry::cry:

PS My wife Liz just noticed me writing this response and as usual said .." I told you back then to wait and see if you can get it cheaper" ?!?:Eeek:
Hope this helps...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
at the end of the day pulse desulphation units like in the op are only capacitors and a charge circuit. I would be more concerned that the pulses or voltage spikes it creates could damage sensitive equipment powered from the battery

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We built one from a kit from Courtistown Leisure. They advertise on evilbay and we have had quite a lot of success with it. They do de sulphate but they are better at keeping a battery bank from getting sulphated if you follow my drift.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back