Anyone Used M6 Toll? (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I like using the Toll once a year just so I can see Herr Audi und Herr BMW passing me at amazing speeds believing that Old Bill doesn't patrol/monitor that particular 'Private' stretch of Mway! Oh the Joy! :D:LOL:

They've never caught me! :D:D:D

I've used it quite a bit in the car, never with the MH though. We use other toll roads though so we would use this one if it was going to save time.

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
I've lived in the midlands all of my life & never used it.
When going north I sometimes stay off the m6 until after Chester just for a change of scenery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I reckon lane 2 on the Toll Road is the quietest. Lane 1 has a steady flow of trafiic at 60-70. Lane 3 has the speeders doing way over 70. Lane 2 is often empty. :D

By the way the Caravan Club has a 20% discount offer for Road Chef services including the one on the Toll Road. So as well as the discount on the Toll you can (if you use them) save a bit at the services.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I've lived in the midlands all of my life & never used it.
When going north I sometimes stay off the m6 until after Chester just for a change of scenery.
Yes I traveled from Cannock to spaghetti every day for ten years from 2000 to 2010 sometimes 2 or three times a day and never felt any need to go on the toll, I too have never drove on it , once had a taxi back from the airport, and he used it.

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
Just lately I've had to travel from Tamworth to Chester a few times. Only two junctions on the toll but worth every penny to avoid Brownhills and Cannock!

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
The toll is about a quarter of a mile from me and even though i hate the principle of having to pay to use a road i have done so on quite a few occasions, it does get you there quicker and its so much less stressful than sitting in traffic, its a little like the tolls in France but just costs more - nothing new !

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Does being a member of the Camping & Caravan Club (CCC) get you any discounts on the M6 toll? Used it last January on the way back when I picked up the MH from Prestatyne, I recall I paid around £9, certainly not £14.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
No discount for C & CC - only the CC.

Unmanned booths - no problem, you press the 'call' button (much like on French tolls when they come up as 'Classe 3') - and the bloke (in our case) sorts it out.

Organplayer

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Sept. 1995
Used the M6 toll route last year and at the manned toll, produced the CC card to be told by the operator "don"t know anything such an offer", and had to pay full amount.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'd have sat there, until they bothered to find out about it, honestly - don't care how many might have been behind me.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Could be quite a lot of Funsters using it on Monday 15th June. In transit from Southport to Stratford.

Wonder if they'll do bulk discount...........................:LOL::LOL::LOL:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
What is this M6 and M1 thing? I go North by coming off the M1 on to the A5 then keep going It is a nice road and reasonably quiet, I even stop to shop at Aldi at Towester. I like quieter road not being squeezed between lorries or forced faster in the middle lane. I came down the Toll Road once with my car and didst know about the trailer being more as it was dear enough already, cost a bomb and I wouldn't use it again.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
It depends where you are starting from!

From our house the furthest I've ever been to the right along the A5 is the island where you turn left for Hinckley, I think. And the A1 ? - been on that once to my knowledge, on the back of the Blackbird !

The M6 is a very convenient 3 lane 'dual carriageway' - as is the M5 also, if you want to go to eg your mom's house !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back