Anyone use Ski Blades / Short Skis? (2 Viewers)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I used to enjoy skiing but I haven't been for years because the boots absolutely kill my feet.

It's ok on a gentle blue run but once I go on a red or black I have to stop half way and take my boots off to relieve the pressure.

I have tried all sorts of boots and bought my own but nothing helps.

Are these moulded boots the answer?

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I have the ones that they heat up the liners in an oven and you put your foot in a very hot boot, strap in and stand while it cools
I have a wide foot and always buy Head boots, moulded, circa £240 couple of years ago

My friend has a damaged ankle and bits poke out where they shouldn't , his has an injected boot, they push foam around the gap so it is fully moulded, cost cira £700
but this is the only way he can continue to ski

hope that helps

edit
just reread @Chris post and yes it works for me, I strap in first thing and don't open them again until close of play

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
@kev1 I didn't mean to sound disrepectful in my reply.
Just making a point. ..the best place to have fun are the lesser resorts and not the resorts of the Prada wearing brigade whom judge people on what they wear or choose to have fun on. .I hired a snow bike last year that was fun too if not a little dangerous for a 46 yr old man.

The op question was are they any good? And boy are they. ..
Only 7 weeks to the off armed this year with blades short skis and long skis...the choice of where to go is still up in the clouds...
Have fun whatever you choose

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Bubbles
I have been around the block a bit been skiing since the early 70's
learnt on ski's with cable bindings
Ski'd for years on 205s
skiid on mono boards
Grass ski's
used a snow board a few times
Modern Safety bindings and the development of carving ski's transformed skiing
so I have watched the development of snow sports and the kit and the fads.
If you want to be COOL at the moment learn to telemark
Whenever you see a telemark skier you will see people standing open mouthed.
If I had my time again I would have learnt to snowboard as well as ski and been off in the back country ripping it up.
However snow sports are fabulous for all ages. you see tots on ski's and 90 year olds
blind skiers, wheel chair users, amputees, cp's. There are not many sports in the world that you can continue to do over the whole range of your life.

Snow itself is the coolest thing around.

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Chris
BOOTs for comfort
Learn to snowboard (They do it in the equivalent of carpet slippers)
As for skiing go to a reputable shop talk to the technician. Stress to them that it's comfort you want and NOT performance. Tell them if they are not comfortable enough to get by for everyday skiing you will bring them back for them to sort out. Shops fit for performance. Explain as near as possible where the discomfort was and what it was like. Good boots will cost to have moulded etc but if you love skiing are well worth it. Walk around at home in them before hand for several hours a day and be prepared to pop back to the shop to have them tweaked.
Then go skiing.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Hi
I don't wanto be cool so we are on different wave lengths @kev1
Skiing is a holiday activity:) For me

I have only been skiing since 1985 :)

Enjoy your skiing

Ps @ Chris don't bother snow boarding(y) Unless you are cool and very fit ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I use ski`s and brother on blades we both have had times when it may appear to have lost control but are always wary of others around us and respect our limits. As yet i have not tried blades or big foots however my other brother has just taken up skiing with us, last season on ski`s this year tried blades and certainly much improved his confidants to the point he just done his first Red. now he has to choose
Just returned from La bresse short break.
ps son`s a boarder.

HAPPY SEASON TO ALL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back