Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am selling Winnie Tony one.

12 volt is a plus point.

Only downside is no channel 4 or 5 but plus side vast array of euro site it can pick up.

Don't rate the plastic dish much but a household mini one makes an ideal substitute.

I only used mine once as have Sky one already set up:RollEyes:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Jim
I had one aqnd found that it took ages to get it set up (probably me :roflmto:) and sold it after only using it once......
It's a good bit of kit if you can be bothered faffing about with setting it up :thumb:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

I have one and use the dish and LNB all the time with my Sky box and freeview card, The actual one i use came from Lidls but its the same thing, I couldn't get on with the 12 volt free to air box that came with it so i use a old Skybox with a freeview [£20] card and i attach the dish to the roof through the heike roof window, everytime we set up by using the rubber suction pad that comes with it, and once you get the hang of the angles using a compass i can normally be setup and running with 5 mins, and that sized dish worked as far down through France as Futurscope, albeit the signal did start to breakup

I did use the 12 volt free to air box when we were in the Costa Del Sol connected to a friend's 1.5 meter dish as we couldn't get a very good signal to the Sky box and it worked fine

Hope that helps

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I have one for sale if anyone is interseted. Complete in its case with dish, reciever brackets etc £40 pm me if you are interested

Andy

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

I have one and use the dish and LNB all the time with my Sky box and freeview card, The actual one i use came from Lidls but its the same thing, I couldn't get on with the 12 volt free to air box that came with it so i use a old Skybox with a freeview [£20] card and i attach the dish to the roof through the heike roof window, everytime we set up by using the rubber suction pad that comes with it, and once you get the hang of the angles using a compass i can normally be setup and running with 5 mins, and that sized dish worked as far down through France as Futurscope, albeit the signal did start to breakup

I did use the 12 volt free to air box when we were in the Costa Del Sol connected to a friend's 1.5 meter dish as we couldn't get a very good signal to the Sky box and it worked fine

Hope that helps

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Three customers have used the same suitcase set up from Maplins while staying here and all seemed very happy so it works in the depths of wales :thumb:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi HI have the aldi cheap version tevion works well lots channels except 4 and 5 because its free to air but its drawback is the setting up like keith said:Doh: finding sat with mrs shouting through the heki sunroof:Smile:::bigsmile:

RAY:Doh:::bigsmile:

Aug 19, 2007
Derby/Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
31, 15 years this time round
Hi,
Got ours of Ebay, watched Sky News at St Beats Muni. (Pyrenees, caused quite an interest ....petite....petite) last year, .....Lidl Sat finder was a godsend. (about £3)

Replaced dish with Maxview, still use the box tho
:thumb:

Brambles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2007
Tayside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you get yourself a Sat Finder which you temporarily put in series with the LNB it makes setting up a dream and you can get the direction spot on in no time at all. Usually plenty for sale on Ebay and only 5 ot 6 pounds all in or less.
Jon.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

[/I]I had one aqnd found that it took ages to get it set up (probably me ) and sold it after only using it once......
It's a good bit of kit if you can be bothered faffing about with setting it up [/I]

and I bought it off Kands. I sold it on for the same reasons. Bought a crankup off Snellyvision and all my problems were sorted.

The sat in a suitcase really did not suit me. If you know what you are doing they are great but I know what I would prefer if I arrived on site in the rain.

The crankup has its limitations in wind but otherwise it is very good. If you can stomach the £2000 I would go for a Camos, if you prefer to spend £400 go for the crankup, if you can train Sian or the kids to tune in the sat in a suitcase go for that.

stew

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi jim,

i bought one off voxol51 a while back.
haven't used the plastic dish cos it came with an additional 60cm domestic dish but the 12v digi-box works just fine.:thumb:
dish clamp has preset inclination and is fixed to a pole which clamps to van side, all i have to do is point it in right direction, providing the van is level, and away we go.

john.

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

Just to help any one with setting up the dish, if you are trying to tune it in for the Sky/Astra satellite i always use a compass, and start with the dish pointing directly South then turn it very slowly towards East and if you haven't found it by the time it faces East then go back to directly South and start again if it dosen't work the second time try altering the angle and try again if you do this 4/5 times and haven't found it, THROW IT AS FAR AS YOU CAN ?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I got one a couple of years ago but could not set it up right.Took me about 20 mins then mate moved it,another15 mins then he moved it again ,20 mins again so I got my cash back.---mate set it up in less than 2 mins:ROFLMAO: but seeing as he does not come with us to set it up:Doh: not a lot of good to us:Eeek: but at £30 I am almost tempted to try again::bigsmile:ALMOST:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Been using one for past 4 years all over UK Spain Portugal France Germany
I always get a picture & takes about 5 mins to set up
This is asmall dish so set up is simpler than larger ones.
We are now watching Sky channels in S Spain, no BBC or ITV but they dont use the southern beam so even bigger dishes have difficulty with these
The secret is practice & read sat for caravans web site for simle directions on how to do it.

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
If you get yourself a Sat Finder which you temporarily put in series with the LNB it makes setting up a dream and you can get the direction spot on in no time at all. Usually plenty for sale on Ebay and only 5 ot 6 pounds all in or less.
Jon.
yes you are right DONT BUY FROM outdoorbits rip off OR WHAT!! £ 34.94 on his website :Eeek: when you can get the same from ebay for around a £5 taking the p*** or what:Doh:

RAY:RollEyes:

John S

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
Funster No
Yes they do work well if you can really be bothered to set them up, particularly for the rubbish now on the TV!!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back