Anyone still hoping to still go to France this year? (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
5th Sept we cross Richard so maybe bump into you somewhere, where r u heading btw if it’s not too personal a question.

We'll be shooting through France to start 3 months touring Spains med coast
Ah, so we should be ahead of you rather than behind.
We are booked through the tunnel on 1st September and will then dawdle down through France, depending on the weather.
Will probably stop at La Mailleray-sur-Seine for a day or three, then down to the Loire and gradually make our way south. Destination will be Gruissan, near Narbonne, where we hope to meet friends and fellow Funsters.
Six weeks booked so plenty of time to go where we please.
Just need the DVLA to get my new license to me……..it’s only been 11 weeks. :banghead:

Richard.

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
We're on the tunnel 1st September also.
We usually stay at Gruissian (4 vents) en route to Spain. Noticed on camper contact, the situation with the aire is uncertain. Maybe worth checking out.
We'll give it a miss and try somewhere else.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Despite earlier comments on Camper Contact that the Aire is closed permanently it now appears to be open as usual.
Open from 1st July to 1st November according to the official website:- https://www.tourism-occitanie.co.uk/motorhome-service-area-aire-des-quatre-vents/gruissan

There were rumours a couple of years ago that the local mayor wanted to develop the site but it seemed to get dropped. For a dusty car park it must bring in a heap of revenue to the commune so I can’t see why they would want to lose it.

Richard.

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
Ah, so we should be ahead of you rather than behind.
We are booked through the tunnel on 1st September and will then dawdle down through France, depending on the weather.
Will probably stop at La Mailleray-sur-Seine for a day or three, then down to the Loire and gradually make our way south. Destination will be Gruissan, near Narbonne, where we hope to meet friends and fellow Funsters.
Six weeks booked so plenty of time to go where we please.
Just need the DVLA to get my new license to me……..it’s only been 11 weeks. :banghead:

Richard.
Sorry to hear that Richard (but a little relieved to hear) - I've been waiting 8 weeks for my license and still waiting

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If double jabbed, no test required to enter France.
Antigen required for return to UK, ask at tourist info for chemists offering this service. I think it needs to be one with lab attached to obtain quick results. Or some on here have ordered from online company's in the UK and taken the test with them you then complete it before return.
Don't think they need much of a lab.We visit an aunt in a care home and get tested.Result in 15 mins.BUSBY.

Feb 3, 2020
hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hit the road in 2014
Really want to go but unsure of tests and what else is required waiting till Thursday to see what Bo Joe comes up with regarding France.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
We have booked over on tunnel on 6th Sept to see family in France - with a flexible ticket in case return quarantine remains

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have a damp check booked at our Belgium dealer for 17th September after that will probably amble down to South West France or Spain.

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry to hear that Richard (but a little relieved to hear) - I've been waiting 8 weeks for my license and still waiting
Sent an email to our MP this evening with a CC to Grant Shapps MP, Transport Secretary and Huw Merryman MP, Chair of the Transport Select Committee.
Might put some fireworks up someone’s jacksie but they are all on their holls at the mo so who knows.

Richard.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We've got a damp check booked in Belgium for 6th Sept. Still waiting to see whether Belgium will let us in :unsure:, but we'll probably take the Tunnel on 2nd September, in any case.

We intend to take a slow drive down to Languedoc. We may well see other Funsters at Gruissan :giggle:.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Have a damp check booked at our Belgium dealer for 17th September after that will probably amble down to South West France or Spain.
Thought you had a motorhome to rewire,,😁😁😁 BUSBY.

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Now have all the paperwork ready for departure 20th August, yet to book the ferry but we have no time constraints so if Plymouth to Roscoff is full will take another route or day. Wait and see what Thursday brings. What a joke trying to use the NHS App is for getting proof of vaccination, couldn't make it work at all. A quick phone call to 119 and a helpful young lady had everything set up in a few minutes.... way to go!
Planning to head to.... erm, somewhere in France where the sun is shining.
Anyone else on that crossing?

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
Could end up with a proper Funsters meet up. :france:

Richard.
We will be down in Gruissan and Leucat by the end of Sept. Has anyone tried the Aires at Leucat - we haven't been there for a couple of years but there are bars and restaurants on the beach now - one at le Goulet, and the other (nearer to the town) le Poulpe

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Vennwood , I'm sorry I can't answer your question. We have never been there, but I've been looking at Leucat, too. It's particularly attractive to us, because it has dog-friendly beaches. 🙂
Might see you there 👍

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Awaiting the confirmation but fairly certain, that come what may, leaving in the early hours of 31st August and, weather dependant, heading to Vercors for some dangerous roads, ambling about Ardeche/Vaucluse then probably down to Herault and Aude so may be popping into Gruissan or nearby before the rush back up the cheap road

I must admit that the more research I am doing on the Vercors the more I am beginning to really really look forward to it.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We're finishing work lunchtime on the 25th and heading straight to the tunnel - booked it a couple of weeks ago when we decided that the only thing that'll stop us going is France going on our red list or us going on theirs.
The current plan is to get a few hours driving south towards Le Mans that evening, stopping over at the Intermarche in Seés for the night...its not scenic but is free, means we can top up with supermarket fuel and stock up on food and wine in the morning before making our way to a riverside FP near Cognac. We're planning on spending a few days around the lakes near Biscarosse to just thoroughly chill out and relax ☺️ but after that we'll see....possibly Andorra, maybe Gruissan, I'm also thinking about the Pont du Gard for a couple of nights.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We're finishing work lunchtime on the 25th and heading straight to the tunnel - booked it a couple of weeks ago when we decided that the only thing that'll stop us going is France going on our red list or us going on theirs.
The current plan is to get a few hours driving south towards Le Mans that evening, stopping over at the Intermarche in Seés for the night...its not scenic but is free, means we can top up with supermarket fuel and stock up on food and wine in the morning before making our way to a riverside FP near Cognac. We're planning on spending a few days around the lakes near Biscarosse to just thoroughly chill out and relax ☺️ but after that we'll see....possibly Andorra, maybe Gruissan, I'm also thinking about the Pont du Gard for a couple of nights.
NB the free parking for Pont Du Gard

1627988083519.png

Nov 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
We left for our first motorhome trip to France this morning. Very straightforward. Check in was easy, UK side just checked passports and French side asked for passports then COVID information. Showed him the French COVID app from the cab and he just waved us through without actually looking at it.

Now sitting in a sunny aire at Neufchâte-en-Bray feeling very pleased with ourselves after an 18 month wait to get away.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
We left for our first motorhome trip to France this morning. Very straightforward. Check in was easy, UK side just checked passports and French side asked for passports then COVID information. Showed him the French COVID app from the cab and he just waved us through without actually looking at it.

Now sitting in a sunny aire at Neufchâte-en-Bray feeling very pleased with ourselves after an 18 month wait to get away.
Did either the British or French stamp your passport? Thanks

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Did either the British or French stamp your passport? Thanks
We were stamped into Spain and out of France but it makes no odds because they scan them anyway,,have done for years.BUSBY.

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
Vennwood , I'm sorry I can't answer your question. We have never been there, but I've been looking at Leucat, too. It's particularly attractive to us, because it has dog-friendly beaches. 🙂
Might see you there 👍
We have stayed at both sites a couple of years ago - the one on the etange was mainly used for windsurfing but a decent size Aire with wind surfing school/hire and the owners wife ran the bar/restaurant. curious to know if its still ok. The other one we have only been in winter when it was free. There were two - one either side of the road but a friend mentioned that there is now a restraunt opened on the beach and from the photos it looks good. No idea on prices or quality but I do remember that its only a short walk along the beach to the oyster farms where the seafood was brilliant and relatively cheap. (but that was two years ago.)

May 23, 2021
Hayling Island, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhome since 2014, Caravan previously.
Ferry booked for 1st September. Hoping to celebrate my daughters four times postponed wedding in Bergerac!! Return ferry not booked until 26th September so plenty of time to tour around after the wedding!
Fingers crossed that restrictions are lifted this week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back