Anyone still hoping to still go to France this year? (1 Viewer)

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Just got through Pet Check in at the Calais side of the tunnel and all went well using our new EU Pet passports.

Absolutely no problems and they did not ask to see the UK AHC.

However, they did ask to see our PCR certificate. They actually meant our French Lateral Flow Tests. That threw me a bit but its one to look out for. Interesting that they are checking for it at Pet check in... dunno why...

The French border control stamped our passports and the Brit border control asked to see our 2 and 8 day testing email.

All pretty smooth

Feeling cold already..

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Brilliant my sort of holiday , not the empty site as i don't often use sites , But No Brits :LOL:
Yip we got over last year for 4 weeks end of July
Just got through Pet Check in at the Calais side of the tunnel and all went well using our new EU Pet passports.

Absolutely no problems and they did not ask to see the UK AHC.

However, they did ask to see our PCR certificate. They actually meant our French Lateral Flow Tests. That threw me a bit but its one to look out for. Interesting that they are checking for it at Pet check in... dunno why...

The French border control stamped our passports and the Brit border control asked to see our 2 and 8 day testing email.

All pretty smooth

Feeling cold already..
Is it just a case of making an appointment with the vet over in France to obtain the passport? Also what was the charge? Heading over at the end of August and looking to get one for our dog. Hoping to travel a bit in the next few years so would be beneficial.
Thanks
Kenny.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We have a crossing booked 3rd Sept Portsmouth to Caen hopefully we will be able to go, but I guess it will depend on infection rates in both countries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
As above, tunnel booked for early September, no campsites current booked after cancelling a caravan and motorhome site earlier this week (balance became due). However, we are still hoping to go if the quareteening is relaxed both ways. Does anyone else share our optimismn?
Playing really safe this year as not convinced the end to lockdown will be the last of the restrictions being invoked by the government. So looking for our second MH from October and being successful will commence a 9 month tour of Europe from February. Obviously planning 90 days in the EU then venturing into the Balkans. So fingers crossed

Aug 20, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
You can go right now, you just need to get on with it. We're currently in Portugal and its lovely and not crowded.
We heard that the Portuguese are charging for wild parking! Is this true ?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We heard that the Portuguese are charging for wild parking! Is this true ?
Not quite, they have allegedly banned parking a mh anywhere but a designated area, so aire or campsite. I do get why. but in practice we saw a few parked in non designated spaces

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
On a slightly different note. We have a one way ticket to Bilboa sailing August 9th , our idea is to then slowly drive up through France for approx 6 weeks , we have pre booked a couple of campsites, we are then aiming to cross the channel , not yet booked.

I was speaking to friend over the weekend and he has said that I need to prove I have a pre booked return ferry/train to prove I'm not staying >90days. To be fair he was talking about flights not ferrys/trains but it,s the same , he has said that Spain/France are checking your return details.

I'm not to sure about this, could anyone please shed some light on this

Cheers
Not sure if this has been mentioned as I haven't read the whole thread but some travel/ breakdown insurances require a return journey to be booked in order to be valid

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Is it just a case of making an appointment with the vet over in France to obtain the passport? Also what was the charge? Heading over at the end of August and looking to get one for our dog. Hoping to travel a bit in the next few years so would be beneficial.
Thanks
Kenny.
Hi Kenny,
we used our usual spanish vet. but yes its a matter of calling up a vet and asking what they charge - it cost us €25 / dog but i have seen on a facebook group that someone got it for €9 a dog. I thought that 25 was a bargain

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Not sure if this has been mentioned as I haven't read the whole thread but some travel/ breakdown insurances require a return journey to be booked in order to be valid
I've not come across that but could see how you could have an issue with bank style travel insurance if over 30 days, you can usually pay for enhancement s in periods and areas.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I've not come across that but could see how you could have an issue with bank style travel insurance if over 30 days, you can usually pay for enhancement s in periods and areas.
I've definitely seen it mentioned in posts, someone will know more.

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Hi Kenny,
we used our usual spanish vet. but yes its a matter of calling up a vet and asking what they charge - it cost us €25 / dog but i have seen on a facebook group that someone got it for €9 a dog. I thought that 25 was a bargain
Thanks for that definitely going to look into it when we get over.
Thanks. Enjoy your holiday. 🌞👍

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I am not hoping to go to France as we are booked for Spain and Portugal via the Plymouth - Santander ferry. Our new health secretary is now talking up huge numbers of infection cases coming with the release from restrictions. Next thing the EU countries will be saying that we are no longer wanted!

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
We called up Nationwide and paid a few quid extra to extend the 30 days to 52 .. well worth it

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Made in back to Blighty in the car last night.

Brittany Ferries, Caen - Portsmouth. Really empty boat - I use BF a lot in normal times and even on a random Tuesday afternoon the hold is full of trucks. Very little freight traffic heading from France way by the look of things!

Process was simple - paid the rip-off fees for the 2 & 8 day tests, had a free Antigen test at the chemist in France and then filled in the Passenger locator form. Sailed through check-in.

Took a couple of minutes longer at Portsmouth and Border Force were looking the boot of every car. First time I've been checked in years at Customs....

No motorhomes coming through so couldn't see how much attention they were paying. Thought did see a batch of 6 brand new RHD Rapidos trailered into the docks at Caen waiting to loaded to sent somewhere.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I've definitely seen it mentioned in posts, someone will know more.
We paid £156 extra last year to extend our NationwideFlex Plus travel insurance single trip from 90 days to 180 days.( Didn't need it though)

IMG_20210707_130110337.jpg

Aug 20, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
but what if you intend to visit non EU Countries after your 90 day stay ?

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
I realise that this post is a bit dated (well 3 weeks is a long time in politics) Having looked on the UK gov website I'm confused as to what we need to do to go to France and come back. I'm not worried about quarentine but the covid tests. Do we need one to LEAVE the UK and if so where do you get these done. I understand that we need a covid test before returning but where do we get these and any idea of cost? Hopefully it will all change before we go in early Sept. Any help/advice would be welocme

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
I realise that this post is a bit dated (well 3 weeks is a long time in politics) Having looked on the UK gov website I'm confused as to what we need to do to go to France and come back. I'm not worried about quarentine but the covid tests. Do we need one to LEAVE the UK and if so where do you get these done. I understand that we need a covid test before returning but where do we get these and any idea of cost? Hopefully it will all change before we go in early Sept. Any help/advice would be welocme
If double jabbed, no test required to enter France.
Antigen required for return to UK, ask at tourist info for chemists offering this service. I think it needs to be one with lab attached to obtain quick results. Or some on here have ordered from online company's in the UK and taken the test with them you then complete it before return.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
That is all going to depend upon when you leave and when you come back.

It is possible/probable/likely that rules will change this week or next.

At present you do not need a test to leave (for France) but just fill out a couple of forms (on the basis you are double jabbed)

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
We go in about 4 weeks, has anyone a link to where i can download the french form needed to travel, i've tried to find it and can't honestly lol

both double jabbed and chomping at the bit

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We go in about 4 weeks, has anyone a link to where i can download the french form needed to travel, i've tried to find it and can't honestly lol

both double jabbed and chomping at the bit
If you are going via the tunnel I think you can find it on the Eurotunnel website.
Don't know about ferry services put I would expect them to have the same.

Richard.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
If you are going via the tunnel I think you can find it on the Eurotunnel website.
Don't know about ferry services put I would expect them to have the same.

Richard.

hi Richard

thats spot on, unlike others i've been trying to find it on the french gov site (well you would wouldn't you lol) and as my french was learned over 50 years ago i've struggled a lot.

Found it and got them on eurotunnel, cheers

Al

Attachments

• 09-06-2021-engagement-sur-l-honneur-vert-version-anglaise.docx
    22.3 KB · Views: 68
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
hi Richard

thats spot on, unlike others i've been trying to find it on the french gov site (well you would wouldn't you lol) and as my french was learned over 50 years ago i've struggled a lot.

Found it and got them on eurotunnel, cheers

Al
Well done!
All being well we will be following a couple of days after you.
Like you, chomping at the bit. :cool::france:

Richard.

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Us too hopefully but I thought you needed a test before leaving UK even if double jabbed. If that is wrong then brilliant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back