Anyone still hoping to still go to France this year? (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
As above, tunnel booked for early September, no campsites current booked after cancelling a caravan and motorhome site earlier this week (balance became due). However, we are still hoping to go if the quareteening is relaxed both ways. Does anyone else share our optimismn?
You can go right now, you just need to get on with it. We're currently in Portugal and its lovely and not crowded.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
We both managed our 2nd jabs this week, so are starting to plan šŸ¤«šŸ¤«
Nice work.. how did you manage that?
I keep trying but there is no earlier dates.
We really need to be on the road late July

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Nice work.. how did you manage that?
I keep trying but there is no earlier dates.
We really need to be on the road late July
Cancelled our existing ones, that then shortened the time we needed between rebooked and in and out. I was done Wednesday wife done Friday, and neither with Indian version of jab.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Ferry booked Dover to Calais for the end of August. My concern is getting a test in France to come back. Neither of us speaks French, so it feels a bit daunting.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Booked for 13th July, returning 27th October šŸ˜

Will travel slowly down the west coast, before a slow drive along southern coast then decide en route where else we go!

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
9th Augsut
Ferry booked Dover to Calais for the end of August. My concern is getting a test in France to come back. Neither of us speaks French, so it feels a bit daunting.
Canā€™t you talk to the UK companies before going, they send you two sets of tests. One you take before going to France, one set you take before returning to the UK. In my understanding they watch you open it and do the test via video chat. Then email you the results.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
As above, tunnel booked for early September, no campsites current booked after cancelling a caravan and motorhome site earlier this week (balance became due). However, we are still hoping to go if the quareteening is relaxed both ways. Does anyone else share our optimismn?
There (here) now!

Brilliant

Jun 13, 2020
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML T570
Hoping to go beginning of September , so very interested to hear about crossing, campsite and aire experiences of those going before.
Keep the info coming please...thank, and enjoy..(y)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
The likelihood of needing a test to return to UK from the middle of September is not very high at the moment (for the double jabbed) unless the french require us to have one to leave.
Not on my list of concerns at all (at the moment)

My concerns for end of August (when we hopefully go) are rising cases in France which may put them on the red list, testing to get out there, the euro exchange rate, the weather, where to go. All of which arent likely to cause me any concern at all

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The likelihood of needing a test to return to UK from the middle of September is not very high at the moment (for the double jabbed) unless the french require us to have one to leave.
Not on my list of concerns at all (at the moment)

My concerns for end of August (when we hopefully go) are rising cases in France which may put them on the red list, testing to get out there, the euro exchange rate, the weather, where to go. All of which arent likely to cause me any concern at all
we switched to Spain a week before we were due to go because Macron closed France to us ( and later rowed back from) , was easy enough to get crossings then .

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
We are booked on Eurotunnel on the 31st July.
Nothing else booked and just a vague route based on previous years. Hopefully it will become clearer on the 19th July

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Booked on tunnel for 29th August for 3 weeks but not planning anything until last minute like last year to see where we will be allowed to go if anywhere and obviously will depend on the Q rules when returning. If it all goes t1ts up then we will just stay in the UK but hopefully the Boris announcement today plus Merkel's comments regarding double jabbed people visiting we are hoping even if France off the list Germany will be OK like last year.

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Have Hull to Rotterdam booked for the 3rd of September, although we donā€™t plan on spending much time in the Netherlands we still need it to be on green list for way home. As itā€™s an overnight ferry they class that as being in the Netherlands and weā€™d have to follow the rules regarding travel from there, as we both work full time we canā€™t quarantine for 10days.
if itā€™s cancelled like last year weā€™ll do the U.K. again.
Unless you spend the last 10 days of your holiday in the Netherlands then you will need to quarantine (under the rules applicable at the time) dependent on where you did spend the last 10 days.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Unless you spend the last 10 days of your holiday in the Netherlands then you will need to quarantine (under the rules applicable at the time) dependent on where you did spend the last 10 days.
Thanks Iā€™m aware of this and would go where possible but it all depends on the Netherlands as no point going to a green country if the Netherlands is Amber, if thatā€™s the case weā€™ll cancel or change our crossing.

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Booked the tunnel for end of July beginning of August.
Looking forward to it

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
just parked up 90 minutes south of calais after spending 7 weeks in spain and france. felt very safe all of the time we we here.

Had our antigen ( lateral flow tests) at a pharmacy in Dijon this morning - very efficient

back now to 10 days of quarantine in the UK even though we were double vaccinated in March. not sure if i can understand the logic of this when Johnson has said that double vaccs will be safe to travel and come back in in the near future without quarantining.. but not quite yet?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Booked for 9th July, for a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Booked the tunnel for 19 august, heading down to Provence area, don't care wether France is green, amber, red, pink, yellow, we're still going and coming back Rotterdam - hull. after a few nights in one of our favourite places, Ypres.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
We are heading that way on 29 August, yet to book the tunnel, final destination Greece.
Returning at the end of October.
Iā€˜m hoping the administrative cockup with the AZ vaccine batches has been sorted by then or Mr O will be travelling on his own šŸ˜

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
W
we have seen 5 Brit cars in the last 7 weeks and not one other Brit campervan. A few german and belgian campers but a load of French..... in France...
We've been out 4 weeks, Spain and Portugal, seen a handful of brit mhs and met 2 lots in foreign regd, both ironically remarking that they hadn't seen any brits:giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back