Anyone still hoping to still go to France this year? (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Regarding the return ref. traffic lights. As I have said in a previous post, if you return via the Netherlands you can get your test done for free in July and now August.
My post is here, with details:

I also mention that unlike all other crossings in recent times there were an awful lot of returning cars on that ferry, and being a suspicious sort I wonder if a few hadn't hopped over from France to avoid the 10 days?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Just back home from France. All three passports stamped, wife, mine, and the dogs.

No paperwork or apps were requested at any point, only the passports at the two boarders, as all was completed online before.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
We were stamped into Spain and out of France but it makes no odds because they scan them anyway,,have done for years.BUSBY.
I do believe most know they scan them and have done for years ,however,if it is the case that scanning gives whoever the information they require my interest is why the need to stamp the passport.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
They donā€™t always scan them because sometimes we've never handed them over, just shown them.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I do believe most know they scan them and have done for years ,however,if it is the case that scanning gives whoever the information they require my interest is why the need to stamp the passport.
I suppose because if when in a Schenggen country a policeman would be able to check if you were an overstayer without the equipment available at ports and airports. BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
They donā€™t always scan them because sometimes we've never handed them over, just shown them.
I have never had that in 20 years of travelling two or three times a year..You must look honest.BUSBY šŸ˜šŸ˜

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Regarding the return ref. traffic lights. As I have said in a previous post, if you return via the Netherlands you can get your test done for free in July and now August.
My post is here, with details:

I also mention that unlike all other crossings in recent times there were an awful lot of returning cars on that ferry, and being a suspicious sort I wonder if a few hadn't hopped over from France to avoid the 10 days?
I think UK residents are still persona non grata in the Netherlands.

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
We have stayed at both sites a couple of years ago - the one on the etange was mainly used for windsurfing but a decent size Aire with wind surfing school/hire and the owners wife ran the bar/restaurant. curious to know if its still ok. The other one we have only been in winter when it was free. There were two - one either side of the road but a friend mentioned that there is now a restraunt opened on the beach and from the photos it looks good. No idea on prices or quality but I do remember that its only a short walk along the beach to the oyster farms where the seafood was brilliant and relatively cheap. (but that was two years ago.)

That looks gorgeous

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
I think UK residents are still persona non grata in the Netherlands.
Indeed. I just drove into Belgium and later across to Holland. No sign of any controls. I doubt anyone will get questions. They were not at all bothered when I booked the covid test either.
On departure they were searching for an entry stamp and i just said I landed in France. He seemed content and waved me on with an exit stamp.

Reactions: SOS
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
We were stamped into Spain and out of France but it makes no odds because they scan them anyway,,have done for years.BUSBY.
This is from today, it refers to flying but is relevant.
If the scanning works why the desperation to stamp passports.

A WORD OF WARNING TO PEOPLE TRAVELLING FROM MALAGA TO THE UK
Passport control were looking at every passport and stamping them causing massive queues. We only made our flight yesterday by the skin of our teeth. We joined the queue one hour before departure. We were at the airport two and a half hours before the flight. It was absolutely utter chaos with a lot of people panicking. We basically pushed our way through the front of the queue after watching others do the same. Our flight departure was 20.45 and we stepped onto the plane at 20.38. We were so lucky. We were late setting off as they took cases off the plane for people who hadnā€™t made the flight. My heart goes out to them. Please be prepared when travelling home!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
It must be your dodgy looks.
Could bešŸ˜„..Most times they ask me to remove my sunglasses,,BUSBY.
This is from today, it refers to flying but is relevant.
If the scanning works why the desperation to stamp passports.

A WORD OF WARNING TO PEOPLE TRAVELLING FROM MALAGA TO THE UK
Passport control were looking at every passport and stamping them causing massive queues. We only made our flight yesterday by the skin of our teeth. We joined the queue one hour before departure. We were at the airport two and a half hours before the flight. It was absolutely utter chaos with a lot of people panicking. We basically pushed our way through the front of the queue after watching others do the same. Our flight departure was 20.45 and we stepped onto the plane at 20.38. We were so lucky. We were late setting off as they took cases off the plane for people who hadnā€™t made the flight. My heart goes out to them. Please be prepared when travelling home!
Would imagine they want to stamp them so that if you are checked say in your resort the police who don't carry scanning devices can see if you have overstayed.As I said in an earlier answer to the same question from you.BUSBY.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Could bešŸ˜„..Most times they ask me to remove my sunglasses,,BUSBY.

Would imagine they want to stamp them so that if you are checked say in your resort the police who don't carry scanning devices can see if you have overstayed.As I said in an earlier answer to the same question from you.BUSBY.
Not the same question do you think got a minute they go to all this trouble and bother for some a rare occasion that a policeman might say ā€œPapers please ā€œ l donā€™t think so.
Its quite obvious the presumption that the scanning is linked across all countries and borders isnā€™t so.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Not the same question do you think got a minute they go to all this trouble and bother for some a rare occasion that a policeman might say ā€œPapers please ā€œ l donā€™t think so.
Its quite obvious the presumption that the scanning is linked across all countries and borders isnā€™t so.
You know more than me then but scanning obviously downloads passport details onto a computer which must be accessible to all EU countries.BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back