Anyone stayed on Bled Camping, Slovenia? (1 Viewer)

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
As the title. Has anyone stayed on this campsite with their motorhome? What are your opinions of it?

From what I've been able to find online, there are quite mixed opinions from good to bad.

Or are there any other campsite suggestions for the Triglav National Park?

OP
OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
@hilldweller that was quick. I'll run a search, see what turns up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed there. Used toilets which were fine. Don’t know about showers as we didn’t use them. Used washing machine which was ok. Lovely site right on Lake Bled which is lovely to cycle/walk round. (y)

OP
OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
How did you find the pitches? I've read reports that they are rough and unmarked. Did you find that to be correct?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I thought they had hedges & trees between them.

upload_2018-9-18_11-55-2.png

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
We stayed there two years ago and liked it. The facilities were fine and we had a nice pitch high up looking down over the site. Its in a great position right by the lake. Unfortunately it turned quite wet and chilly when we were there or we'd have stayed longer than the three days.

The pitches varied from grassy and shady to more open areas but you were free to choose. Its not a manicured site but I don't recall any problems. Enjoy your trip.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We found it OK, yes pitches are a bit take as much room within reason, when it's wet it's a bog on lots of pitches, facilities were OK, but the position is great, but we are sure Janie drank some of the lake swimming and got something close to typhoid. :doh: Bob.

OP
OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
Two things amaze me. First the amount of members that have used this site, I did not expect more than one or two replies. Secondly, information given that has corrected some that I had seen online.

To all that have replied so far...a big thank you! Keep the posts coming.

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Lake Bled is a must visit if in Slovenia, even if only for a couple of days.

However the site is just so so.

The hiden jewels of Europe are a bit further on;).

Regards Richard

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We stayed there for a week in June this year and thought it was a lovely site.

We had one of the lower pitches as we asked for hard standing and wanted to be nearer to the lake as we have kayaks. The staff were very helpful and even though really busy they went out of their way to find us the right pitch. We had to stay one night on one pitch and then the rest of the stay on another, but it was worth it not to have to drag the kayaks through the whole site.

We ate twice in the restaurant at the front of the site and enjoyed both meals. There is also a little supermarket next to the restaurant.

Every morning a little cart selling fresh bread and pastries is pushed around the site, so you don't even have to go to the shop for your morning bread.

The showers where fine and always clean.

You can cycle or walk into the town on pretty much traffic free trails, in either direction from the site.

OP
OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
Lake Bled is a must visit if in Slovenia, even if only for a couple of days.

However the site is just so so.

The hiden jewels of Europe are a bit further on;).

Regards Richard

Feel free to mention them! Either before Bled or later, we are planning to take a trip into Italy.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
This was our pitch.
D201562D-8390-4E83-A33A-9166B8232DFC.jpeg

Lake views ...
CEF0DD8E-01B5-4F91-BB3B-B6F195CB5C4D.jpeg

1C1679DC-979E-442E-A5D8-552A58033CCB.jpeg

And you’ll be rewarded with this if you walk into town .... :rofl:
090D27E2-CCE8-45D8-8E9A-907E6700846F.jpeg

Lovely place to visit. (y)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Was there in may this year, some work was going on improving the pitches, I only used the disabled facilities which were good and from what I saw of the rest they looked very usable.... as @Armytwowheels said restaurant ok but Slovenia food is mixed grill or mixed grill...:LOL: they were also developing the bar at the front which was looking good..

A very nice walk around the lake with the town the other side..

I’ll try and dig out some pictures but probably the same as already posted...:D2

Make sure you have your ASCI card...(y)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We stayed here 3 years ago in September. When we arrived it was a quagmire. Next day the sun came out and we enjoyed it very much. Cycling was great.
If you are In the area stay there.
Phil.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We stayed there in July about 4 years ago and thought it was a lovely site, it was busy when we stayed and although we hadn't booked still managed to get a pitch. We had a pitch up on the terrace with lovely views over the site, one night we had a massive storm for about 3 hours and the site drained ok.

The path round the lake is worth a walk early morning, I went for a run one morning and past a rather attractive naked young lady going for a swim. She even said hello and gave me a wee smile :), I ran round 10 times :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Bled Camping Transalvania, is the one to avoid. I'm sure the Slovenian one is fine. :)

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
We stayed in May this year. They were doing up the pitches and hoped they'd raised them enough so that flooding and mud wouldn't be a problem anymore. The staff are very hepful, the facilities are fine and its a lovely walk around the lake. We really enjoyed it.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
We were there in June without a booking so got put towards the back of the site where the pitches were rather scruffy. but the place is magical and the best site for Bled.
The shower block at the very rear of the site is awful, but there is a new shower block, the next one closer to the front, which is excellent, very swish, this is the one to use. Sorry cant remember the block numbers and not got info handy as we`re away.
You`ll love it.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Camping Bled is a good location, from which to visit Bled and surroundings. A good viewpoint over the lake is available 20min walk from the campsite.
You may feel that Camping Sobec, a few kilometres south, offers better value.

OP
OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
When I have looked online, I found a lot more negative views than positive. On here, its the other way round. I'm beginning to think that non-motorhomers are just snowflakes! :LOL:

Thanks for all the info everyone. Its certainly confirmed the trips feasibility.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’m really sure I posted pictures on this thread but they’ve disappeared...?

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Camping Sobec, near Lesce, is a nicer site than Bled camping, but not quite as conveniently placed. It is 3 or 4 kilometers from Bled. Have been to both. Bled camping is in a wonderful spot.
Our only problem last time we were there was that we wanted to go to the Vintnar gorge. Asked for directions from Bled camping site as had heard of problems with roadworks. They directed us, unfortunately their route would have taken us under a low railway bridge so we could not get through. A bit annoying as they knew we were in a motorhome!

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
From my experience while some Slovenian and Croatian sites are excellent quite a lot fall a little bit short and they are still in the 1980s . Having said that they are my 2 favourite countries for touring and I am happy to accept the sites available. Obviously not everyone will feel this way.

OP
OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
I’m really sure I posted pictures on this thread but they’ve disappeared...?

You did mention them in your earlier post, but I cant see any either.

From my experience while some Slovenian and Croatian sites are excellent quite a lot fall a little bit short and they are still in the 1980s . Having said that they are my 2 favourite countries for touring and I am happy to accept the sites available. Obviously not everyone will feel this way.

I could accept sites in the '60's and '70's, so 80's ones might be a bit too modern for me! :D

Once more, thanks to everyone for the replies. This trip is becoming more and more likely.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back