anyone sell step by step conversion plans? (1 Viewer)

madstacks

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just wondering is there anywhere i can buy extremely detailed step by step van conversion plans for a ducato/boxer? I would be looking for something with photos and a detailed explination of each step of the way - what order to do things, where to drill holes for underslung water tanks..ect, parts lists, tools lists, A complete guide to convert from van to motorhome.

Does anyone do plans like this?

Or is this something you just have to plan and do yourself? a guide like this would be so helpfull and i would happily pay good money for it!

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You need to get yourself over to funs sister site dedicated to diy building and what's more it's free.

OP
OP
M

madstacks

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ralph’s self build is indeed fantastic, I have read that topic a couple of times now and seeing the finish he was able to achieve was inspiring. If i remeber rightly he has a background in the building trade.

The truth of the matter is I have zero exsperiance in building, carpentry, plumbing or any of the skills needed though! thats why i am after such a detailed guide hah! I am confident I could follow detailed instructions.

I have £13500 saved, that could buy a pretty awesome used van and then convert it as we go!

Thanks for the forum link I will have a look.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The truth of the matter is I have zero exsperiance in building, carpentry, plumbing or any of the skills needed though! thats why i am after such a detailed guide hah! I am confident I could follow detailed instructions.
If you can't use the tools any plans will be useless.
Even sawing a simply straight line is impossible if you can't use a saw.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
If you can't use the tools any plans will be useless.
Even sawing a simply straight line is impossible if you can't use a saw.

This is true, and something that worried Ralph , as he is a bricklayer.
Not a joiner, in any shape or form. The mitring he did on some dados we had in our lounge in the 80’s was shocking :rofl:
So anything like that he always got a man in !

When doing Pug he used templates for everything before cutting. And practiced on spare bits of wood before cutting the expensive stuff. Even building bases etc in ply first to make sure.
Then measured twice and cut once ...... or three and four times sometimes .
After a while he became more confident.
But the router ( I think that’s what they called it ! ) ran away with some wood and he nearly cut his thumb off! :Eeek:
If he’d not let go of it , and let it fly off he thinks it would have sliced it through . That put him off for a bit :laughing:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

neil2016

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Chalfont st Peter
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
I'm a newbie
This guy is converting a Sprinter Van, and is posting YouTube videos as he goes. The videos are very detailed.

httpsps://youtu.be/RLwaqbn_f6s

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back