Anyone out there with a 2019 Benimar? (1 Viewer)

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Need some help. Fridge freezer came up with an error 10 code and of course that’s the one manual I left at home before leaving on a 2 month trip. Why do they have to make the manuals so large when we’re try to save weight?

Can’t find a model number / manufacturer name on the fridge, there’s a label on the inside of the freezer door but none of the numbers come up as a model number on the Dometic website.

If anyone has a 2019 Benimar, ours is a 282, with a fridge freezer which has cream panels on the front could you have a look at the manual for the model number and code reason.

Works fine on gas and battery so I suspect something to do with the site supply but I’d be happier if I could see the instruction manual.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 20
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Looks like our Thetford fridge freezer. Fault 10 no”engine running” signal is present and control is in manual dc mode. (always leave ours in auto) if it help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Second thought, if you are abroad you may have reverse polarity on site, ie live and neutral reversed, some appliances don’t like that.

OP
OP
Andy MacD
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks both.

Fridge is in auto mode, happened at around 7am after running all night ok.

Now at CMC site at Berwick upon tweed and its behaved itself so I’m thinking it must have been the power supply at the CL I stayed at last night at Kinross.

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Second thought, if you are abroad you may have reverse polarity on site, ie live and neutral reversed, some appliances don’t like that.
I'd be very, very surprised if you can find such an appliance. It would have to be faulty for that to happen.

OP
OP
Andy MacD
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Aha, sorted, data badge behind the (very full) vegetable drawer. Now I can find the manual. Thanks all.

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Firstly it is a Thetford fridge, hence why you won't find the model on the Dometic website.

Error code 10 is mains voltage out of range. Depending on where you are it is very unlikey for the voltage to be too high, i.e. greater than 260v

However it well could be low voltage i.e less than 190v. If you are abroad, then this could be very likely as voltages outside the UK are generally lower, and there could be a significant voltage drop on the site wiring.

You do carry a multimeter of course. :giggle: If so, set it to the AC voltage and measure the voltage CAREFULLY!!!!

Finally, join the Benimar Owner's Group on Facebook, you'll get a much quicker and more accurate response on there.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
I'd be very, very surprised if you can find such an appliance. It would have to be faulty for that to happen.
Only come across it once on a gas boiler, something to do with the temperature sensing.

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Only come across it once on a gas boiler, something to do with the temperature sensing.
Most likely another fault rather than reverse polarity. Probably an internal earthing fault on the circuit board. Certainly reverse polarity doesn't make any difference with either a transformer power supply or a switch mode power supply. A boiler would have one of these two types of power supply.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back