Anyone On The M20 Or Has Been On It To Day? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Am I right in thinking that the M20 is closed in both direction. We are off to Folkstone Saturday for the 16.00 train. We shall be travelling via the M25, should we take the M20/A20 Canterbury/Dover roads? Or any other direction?

colyboy

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
As far as I'm aware you should expect it to remain closed through the weekend.
I'm delivering water and food from 1600hrs till 2300hrs tomorrow and we've been asked to continue all weekend, I've been asked to do Sunday so I would plan to go round and allow extra time to do so as everyone will be doing the same.

Cheers. Nige

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I just read that they are going to start moving trucks soon as the strike in Calais has been suspended - note that word - but it will take in excess of 48 hours to clear the M20.
We are on a 10am train on Saturday.
You have two alternatives. Take the M20 up to J8 and then go on the old A20 and re-join the M20 at J11 and then off at J11a. Or as you say M2/A2 to Canterbury and then hang a right down to the tunnel. But that route adds at least 45 minutes to the normal M20 route.
There may be a bit of a bog up when you turn into the entry route as apparently they are re-hashing the "piazza" and at the moment you go via the truck route but ignore the actual truck check-in and go on to the car one. I will only really understand this bit when I've got there but it's on their website on the Travel News bit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
They are now moving the HGV's towards Dover. P&O are now operating normally so they will be taking as many trucks as possible. Check BBC Kent travel before you leave Broken Link Removed

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
M20 COULD !!! Re-open in the next couple of hours.
The last lorrys are moving, but I believe they're going to run road sweepers up and down to clear debris !!!

Cheers. Nige

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Was on M20 at 10am today. Fully open from Dover to London, no cars allowed from junction 8 to Dover. Operation Stack still in place. Police releasing lorries in batches and distributing food and bottles of water. Plenty of portaloos along the motorway. It's now hours later but radio Kent gives updates regularly. Hope this helps.
Veronica

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Dover has been quite bad as there are loads of trucks trying to beat the system and getting sent back up the M20.
I have had a load of trouble getting out from my house at Whitfield Roundabout or the little road just before it onto the A2. begging looks to queuing vehicles worked sometimes but there are always those that drive across the entrance to the road stopping us getting out and into it. Hope it ends soon, as we always get the hassles when this sort of thing happens.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
We were on the M20 on Sat morning and they had closed it again between J8 and J9 and when we got to the tunnel there were lorries by the dozen but no problems for non-commercial passengers.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
We came up from Dover yesterday morning. Lorries still stacked up southbound and other vehicles diverted off southbound carriageway. M25 south clockwise chock-a-block until M3 then 50mph roadwork restrictions on M3 all the way to Fleet services. Not a nice drive after 3 weeks wonderful driving on the French roads.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back