Anyone making next years plans yet. (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
After a less than warm summer spent touring around the UK this year, we have decided 2012 we will look for warmer climes, so are planning to leave in March for Portugal spend some time there then wonder back through Spain and France taking about 3 months, any one got any idea's would be more than pleased.

Anyone else making plans yet. :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I was planning on going to a meet at Chester in April run by the lovely Carol :winky: seems it's not going to happen:cry:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Portugal for first time sailing with brittany ferrries don't no witch port yet santander or bilbao going to camping albufera some time in feb any one been ,

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Blimey i am still struggling with this one.

New years in my big debate at the mo.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Great Post Carol. I in fact love this time of year and for me it's what haveing a MH is all about. Everyone is getting ready to battern down the hatches, we on the other hand are getting excited about upcoming Skiing.
We are off to Scotland in New Year for some skiing and then getting plans ready for a big skiing trip In February 2+ weeks in the snow.....::bigsmile:
Coming home for a few weeks before getting back out for some late snow ::bigsmile:

Then Next year, a short holiday in the summer...But more plans for more weekends away in our own great country. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We will be at Parc Verger (Limoges) Nov till end of February. Thinking of wintering at Chicken Runin Portugal next November to March. In between? Well we have yet to do Wales and the North of Scotland from Malaig to Skye and beyond. :thumb:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
new year in Boppard (Germany) then heading off to Portugal to warm up (hopefully), might give chicken run a try, also quite fancy the ukraine you never know i might get a chick in kiev !!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
In early 2012 I hope to visit Spain with the funster brigade there and then Portugal giving the chicken Run a look.

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Slightly sketchy just now, apart from crossing the channel in early March, and heading into Germany for a stellplatz hop along the Mosel, lots of cycling, and heading down to the Black Forest and Bavaria. And then ... who knows?

Gerald

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Haven't you heard we are in for a cracking summer here in the UK next year. Hot and sunny from March till the end of Sept, no drought no midges not too hot just right :wine::wine::wine::wine::wine:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Seems as if the Chicken Run is going to get a Fun Trial, first ones there can plant the veg. ::bigsmile:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Hopefully still got some life in this year yet, and certainly the spring. As far as next summer goes, well sept time i think, we will be trotting off across europe to Italy, Bari to be precise, then getting the ferry across to Dubrovnik, and back up the Istrian coast, into Slovenia, then head back to blighty missing places we stayed at on the way out. Nothing fixed or set in stone, a bit of meandering with a loose itiinery::bigsmile:
Been to Croatia three times before, still plenty to see.:roflmto:

Sep 8, 2010
Kent the white cliffs end
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur Lvx 8
Exp
Not long enough
Only had our MH a few months but we are looking at going over to France next year not sure where yet but we hear it's nice

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Still trying to work out where to go this year :Eeek:

I finally retire in November after 50 years of slogging my guts out :cry:

Waiting to see what the final pensions will be :ROFLMAO:

Then I am Off somewhere :thumb:

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Come to Calpe in Spain on the Costa Blanca, its a great place to live and we have two good campsites within easy walking distance of a 3km pedestrianised promanade and safe sandy beaches. ::bigsmile:We are actually planning to visit the UK next year for a round trip to friends and family. Started packing the wellie boots, sou'wester, duvet, etc etc...:Sad:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Queens Jubilee

We are going to London for the Queens Diamond Jubilee celebrations, though having trouble trying to book in at the Caravan Clubs site as they don`t take bookings before November.

A tad short sighted we think given the occassion and also with the olympics a couple of months after, people want and need to be able to plan for these avents.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
NEXT YEAR :Eeek: Ann cannot make her mind up/what she wants for tomorrows super market shop :Doh:::bigsmile::winky: We intend to use the van a lot more than we used it this year provided nothing crops up to change this way of thinking :winky:
terry

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
[quote =ksebruce;477216]We will be at Parc Verger (Limoges) Nov till end of February. Thinking of wintering at Chicken Runin Portugal next November to March. In between? Well we have yet to do Wales and the North of Scotland from Malaig to Skye and beyond. :thumb:[/quote]

Ken, would be good to have a update on your trip and how you get on at the Chicken Run.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
[quote =ksebruce;477216]We will be at Parc Verger (Limoges) Nov till end of February. Thinking of wintering at Chicken Runin Portugal next November to March. In between? Well we have yet to do Wales and the North of Scotland from Malaig to Skye and beyond. :thumb:

Ken, would be good to have a update on your trip and how you get on at the Chicken Run.[/QUOTE]

I will run a blog when at Parc Verger.

Chicken run (if we do) will be next winter. :thumb:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We are going to London for the Queens Diamond Jubilee celebrations, though having trouble trying to book in at the Caravan Clubs site as they don`t take bookings before November.

A tad short sighted we think given the occassion and also with the olympics a couple of months after, people want and need to be able to plan for these avents.

Just a quick note and you may already be aware of this but the LEZ is upgraded in January 2012 and the 2 Caravan Club sites are inside the Zone.

If your vehicle is not compliant you will be charged £200 per day.

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
winter hols

We've got our ferry booked for Calais on the 14 october, we stay on Calais docks for the night and then it depends on the weather how fast we drive down to Spain/Portugal returning march or april 2012.We're also planning to have a look at the ChickenRun as we've only ever free camped in Portugal.:thumb:
Alan

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Next Year! I thought the norm was to make up your mind where to go when you tuned out of the gate – or on the way.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So far I am booked on a ferry from Dubrovnik to Bari, that’s for tomorrow, then I guess head south towards base camp 2. :Smile::Smile:

Will probably drive back to the UK in November.

After that no fixed plans but getting Idea’s. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Come to Calpe in Spain on the Costa Blanca, its a great place to live and we have two good campsites within easy walking distance of a 3km pedestrianised promanade and safe sandy beaches. ::bigsmile:We are actually planning to visit the UK next year for a round trip to friends and family. Started packing the wellie boots, sou'wester, duvet, etc etc...:Sad:

Any details or recommendations of sites in your area. thanks Carol.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

Do check your motorhome is LEZ complient or could be expencive.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

If I were you I would call the Abbey Wood site direct and ask them about bookings for the Jubilee/ Olympics. the wardens there are really friendly this year.
I had a brief discussion about the Olympics with them and I am sure they said there were some special arrangements in place but I can't for the life of me remember what they were. Sorry:Doh:

Sep 28, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA 765
Exp
Since 2006
I started thinking about next year, after getting back from a wet Normandy in August!
I was thinking of Lake Garda, we allways have a good time when there but also considering the South of France, like wise we allways have good time whilst there.
We will definatley do the usual Devon and Dorset for weekends etc from March. Hopefully we will have a BBQ summer again:ROFLMAO:

Cam:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back