anyone looking for a small plot of land in France, to stay on from time to time? (1 Viewer)

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
Been there,done that, ten years ago looking for a house in France realised we drive around in a home. All we needed was a base, we stay there for a week or two then toddle off in the van for a few.
No expenses, no house to worry about in the winter, lovely to have our own spot during schools hols when everywhere is busy.I agree that if you want to do it, do it on your own otherwise great way for friends to fall out.

Look on leboncoin website, loads of bits of land for sale.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Great idea for those who like a bolt hole to stay put. We had a place in Spain and France. Loved them both but in the end variety is the spice of life meant we sold and bought a MH especially to try out different places. Glad we did but best of luck with the venture and not a huge amount of money to speculate.
Phil

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Hello
thank you for your email and please find more information regarding this ref 34125 NO MORE CONSTRUCTIBLE SINCE THE LAST WEEK
DUE TO THE CHANGE OF RULES IN THE TOWN !!
then that plot can only be used for a leisure plot.
This plot is located in Availles Limouzine, main town with main shops : baker, butcher, chemist, supermarket, hotel, restaurant/pub, bank, tourism office camping site etc.;
The main water is installed on the plot. the electric meters are on the street;

this river is used for leisure like a boat trip or pedalo or canoe during the summer time
this plot can be suitable for fishers men; during the summer season a tent or caravane could be allowed but no more than 3 month in the year according to the rural code, and a permission will have to be yearly requested to the mayor for getting the permission to install it.
your questions
is there mains/well water available and is there any access to an electrical supply. :
yes the water meter is yet installed but not elecrical meter : to schedule 1500 euros per meter (network on the street).

The 'rural code' may prevent the plan from going ahead ...

In fact if it did restrict plans for leisure use to just 3 months, then it wouldn't work for one person never mind five 'families'. Looks like I will just be keeping the mobile home in France on a campsite and not selling and putting one on our own land. Shame as it looked ideal for a bit of r'n'r in a motorhome and the mobile home when not travelling (subject to 90/180 of course) the money saved on site fees would have made it worthwhile for me to buy it on my own and offer a stopover to anyone who agreed it was a good idea, lol!

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
I bought a seasonal pitch at Twin Lakes near Bordeaux. Couple of reasons, I bought a car (French plates) and needed 'proof of address' to legally register it and also to open a bank account. I also use it as a base when in France. £1800 all in. In my view a bargain!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hello
thank you for your email and please find more information regarding this ref 34125 NO MORE CONSTRUCTIBLE SINCE THE LAST WEEK
DUE TO THE CHANGE OF RULES IN THE TOWN !!
then that plot can only be used for a leisure plot.
This plot is located in Availles Limouzine, main town with main shops : baker, butcher, chemist, supermarket, hotel, restaurant/pub, bank, tourism office camping site etc.;
The main water is installed on the plot. the electric meters are on the street;

this river is used for leisure like a boat trip or pedalo or canoe during the summer time
this plot can be suitable for fishers men; during the summer season a tent or caravane could be allowed but no more than 3 month in the year according to the rural code, and a permission will have to be yearly requested to the mayor for getting the permission to install it.
your questions
is there mains/well water available and is there any access to an electrical supply. :
yes the water meter is yet installed but not elecrical meter : to schedule 1500 euros per meter (network on the street).

The 'rural code' may prevent the plan from going ahead ...

In fact if it did restrict plans for leisure use to just 3 months, then it wouldn't work for one person never mind five 'families'. Looks like I will just be keeping the mobile home in France on a campsite and not selling and putting one on our own land. Shame as it looked ideal for a bit of r'n'r in a motorhome and the mobile home when not travelling (subject to 90/180 of course) the money saved on site fees would have made it worthwhile for me to buy it on my own and offer a stopover to anyone who agreed it was a good idea, lol!
If you really want to do this, why not look for a deralict house or barn, of which there are thousands all over France for little more than your piece of land, you could then store your van undercover, and maybe get the house to living standard.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you really want to do this, why not look for a deralict house or barn, of which there are thousands all over France for little more than your piece of land, you could then store your van undercover, and maybe get the house to living standard.
I know this is twice what you were quoting, but again this is the first one that came up. And you can see what I mean.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
And likely have services already installed so no need to go to a campsite for stuff.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
I bought a seasonal pitch at Twin Lakes near Bordeaux. Couple of reasons, I bought a car (French plates) and needed 'proof of address' to legally register it and also to open a bank account. I also use it as a base when in France. £1800 all in. In my view a bargain!
do you also have to pay an annual fee?

i assume its for a short period as it seems like a small amount if you are allowed to stay for the whole of the season?

what exactly does it entitle you to (on site)?

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
do you also have to pay an annual fee?

i assume its for a short period as it seems like a small amount if you are allowed to stay for the whole of the season?

what exactly does it entitle you to (on site)?
Can stay all year. That's electric, dump, water and car parking. Still got to pay for beer though. If I really wanted I could head over anytime as it's also a possible pre residence requirement.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Can stay all year. That's electric, dump, water and car parking. Still got to pay for beer though. If I really wanted I could head over anytime as it's also a possible pre residence requirement.
without any further payment? £1800 seems a very low one off payment, based on £20 per night thats equivalent to just 90 nights???

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
sorry, i am still confused .... (too easily at my age !) so you paid a one off £1800 payment to buy a seasonal pitch for life and dont pay any more EVER??

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Sorry thats per annum. Still a good deal and a fixed address, for mail etc etc...
ok, i understand now !!! that makes more sense ...... our site has just been hit with tourist tax @49 cents per person per night of stay (voted in by the local council for all sites of 3 stars and above) but is still considerably cheaper than £4500 per year for a static (we pay around £2200)

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
ok, i understand now !!! that makes more sense ...... our site has just been hit with tourist tax @49 cents per person per night of stay (voted in by the local council for all sites of 3 stars and above) but is still considerably cheaper than £4500 per year for a static (we pay around £2200)
£2200 still good though. I'm paying nearly 7k this year even with discount for lockdown last year for a static in Haven Pwehelli. It will be the last year, If anybody wants a static???

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
£2200 still good though. I'm paying nearly 7k this year even with discount for lockdown last year for a static in Haven Pwehelli. It will be the last year, If anybody wants a static???
ship it out to france .... our (very french) site charges 1500 euros to bring on and site it - no charges to sell or buy etc. i am sure there are plenty of others

PS, i also get mail delivered direct to the van by the postal service so i assume i have a postal address ...

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
ship it out to france .... our (very french) site charges 1500 euros to bring on and site it - no charges to sell or buy etc. i am sure there are plenty of others

PS, i also get mail delivered direct to the van by the postal service so i assume i have a postal address ...
Where are you in France? I've been quoted £4500 to ship it to Bordeaux.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
£4500 .... ouch - the last van i shipped out cost me under 3k from Preston to Challans - shipped by UK company to the ferry, then collected by french company i didnt arrange it though)

we are on the Vendee, Le Ragis, Challans

very french, still owned by the same family since it stopped being a farm - we've been there 14 years, there are around 9 english speaking owners so not overly 'brit based'

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back