LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Site and leave a caravan within 2 hours of Torbay.
I’m getting desperate now to get away from my neighbour and her dog who are making my life unbearable. Though maybe I should be glad he only barked, and she only yelled, for two hours until 1.30 this morning.
I can’t drive a Motorhome and can drive my car for two hours max, two and a half at a push.
If I can get hold of a reasonably priced caravan does anyone know of a site ( any size, any facilities) where I could leave it as I wouldn’t be able to tow. As reasonably priced as poss and my two well behaved, non yapping dogs welcome.
Thank you.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We like Doubletrees Farm, St Blazey Gate. They pull the vans onto a pitch as required. The lady who runs it is lovely. 20-25 minute walk to Eden Project. Buses run along the road below the site. Fantastic views across Par Bay.

See http://doubletreesfarm.co.uk/. Don't know what she charges for storage.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
My friends have a caravan on the Dart, near Dittisham I believe. It’s stored there and brought out to pitch for them when required. I have messaged her to ask for details.

So sorry to read that you are having difficulties with problem neighbours- there is nothing worse than not being comfortable in your own home.

I hope you can get something sorted

Virtual hugs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
@Hollyberry Friends said they don’t do storage but I’m sure they once said that they keep their caravan there and it gets moved when they want to go down.

However tried another friend who has previously used a place near Salcome and this was reply - hope it helps:)

We had our van at Higher Rew campsite. 2 miles from Salcombe. They stored the van for the whole year for us and they pulled it out and put on pitch. You could do that for just the summer I think.
Basic facilities and clean site. A bit windy at times but lovely views and quiet except for school holidays!! Sue and Malcolm the owners very friendly and helpful.

P.s. I might (only just a might) know of a caravan going very cheap or even just for taking away.
It’s been left on the driveway of a friends rental house (in Bristol) and they are just waiting for the legal date when they can take possession back which would include goods left. Absolutely no idea what it’s like. Willing to follow up if you wish to send me a pm.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back