anyone know what type of receiver this bung fits in (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm a bit surprised by the design of this water tank as the bung is really awkward to get to

It's only about 6" deep and as the drain plug us next to the cap I assume it's the same all over as this must be the low point

Anyway the plug leaks , a lot , not just a drip , almost a stream , I've tried warming it up in hot water to soften the rubber to push it in harder but it leaks just as much so I'm thinking whatever I'm pushing it in to is what's leaking
This is the style of plug but it's in such an awkward place you can't put it in straight and lock it
Screenshot_20200927-213654_Samsung Internet.jpg
20200925_184208.jpg

If the receiver is push in that would make it easy , I don't really fancy crawling about under the van if I can help it

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
take your clothes off, skin is waterproof
Could be a bit painful if his 'dangly bits' got scrubbed on the drive whilst placing and retrieving the bowl! :oops:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W
Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
I wouldn't subject the neighbours to the horror of seeing me naked

The good news is it gone from drip drip drip to drip -------------drip------------drip so I think a bit of self amalgamating tape will seal it , I bought 2 bungs, sizes 22mm & 25mm , it's looking like it actually needs 23.455009934mm ,I think it's a water tank off the space shuttle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I wouldn't subject the neighbours to the horror of seeing me naked

The good news is it gone from drip drip drip to drip -------------drip------------drip so I think a bit of self amalgamating tape will seal it , I bought 2 bungs, sizes 22mm & 25mm , it's looking like it actually needs 23.455009934mm ,I think it's a water tank off the space shuttle
Try a cut down 'finger' from a rubber glove ...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W
Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie

I'm going to try plumbing PTFE thread seal tape , itā€™s so tight even the thickness of the rubber tape stops it pushing in easily, I canā€™t believe what a PITA this is being

good news I sealed the skylight so nothing coming in from above now

bad news , weā€™re on lockdown from Saturday so I canā€™t go anywhere in it , though the government advice is ambiguous , theyā€™re discouraging all but essential travel and we can only use outside hospitality , so I can drive as itā€™s only discouraged , and outside hospitality , is that a camp site ?

who knows

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W
Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie

Well thats it, I admit defeat , no matter what I try i can't stop it dripping , new plug, ptfe tape self amalgamating tape, next step seal it from underneath

A special mention goes to Minxy Girl , I do worry about where she got the idea , chemist shut , no 50p coins for the machine
20201002_174933.jpg
a good effort but that didn't work either

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Well thats it, I admit defeat , no matter what I try i can't stop it dripping , new plug, ptfe tape self amalgamating tape, next step seal it from underneath

A special mention goes to Minxy Girl , I do worry about where she got the idea , chemist shut , no 50p coins for the machine
View attachment 430142 a good effort but that didn't work either
Are you absolutely certain that the spigot on the tank hasn't split? It really shouldn't be that hard to seal.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W
Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
The least leaking was with the new bung with no tape on it , it's a rubber seal that feels like a pressure fit as I can move it in the white plastic tank so it might be the oversize is distorting it making it leak, I can't feel or see any splits

It's going in for mot soon so while it's on the ramp I'll see if they can seal it from underneath

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If you can get the tank dry, put some gaffer tape over the hole and see if that stops it, if so at least you then know it is definitely there where it is causing the problem and not a leak elsewhere.

Also, have you stuck your finger in the hole itself to see if there is something stuck to it thus preventing a proper seal, eg part of an old rubber seal?

As for your picture ... you don't get to see that every morning! :giggle:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W
Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
It's on the ticket on the bag www.1stmark.co.uk

It's in golbourne near leigh , one of those places where there's 5 seconds thinking a rummage and it appears

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W
Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good news , straight through the MOT so no more covid test

Bad news tried fitting a bung into the water tank leak from underneath and made it worse

It can't be bodged, it needs taking out and doing properly

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W
Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
No more leakage from the water tank , it'd been bodged spectacularly , its a simple enough thing , drop in from the top , rubber seal either side , big plastic nut , tighten until it doesn't leak , put bung in

Only the nut must've worked loose , instead of tightening it somebody thought it was a good idea to squirt a tube of sealant all around it , fabricate a plastic plate and screw it on to keep the sealant in

Once cleaned up and tightened properly no leaks

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back