Anyone know what these are actually called? (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Memory foam mattress topper with quilt that is joined to it and some have pillows attached - like a sleeping bag,,,,,,,, but not (Wife's description not mine). :roflmto:

Anyone know what these are actually called? Even where to get them.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a raskelf duvalay

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Sheesh,,,,,,, no wonder she couldn't remember what it was called. :roflmto:

Many Thanks TheBig1..:thumb:

Regards,

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
If you don't like the price of the genuine article, many folk make their own version. Memory foam mattress topper (got mine from Dunelm) single quilt & king size duvet cover. Just sew the cover into two "pockets" by making a line of stitching in the right place and put the topper and quilt inside. The Duvalay is joined at the bottom but I preferred to leave the end open as it's easier to take the cover on and off for washing that way.

Making your own also gives you much more choice in what colour/pattern you want!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
If you don't like the price of the genuine article, many folk make their own version. Memory foam mattress topper (got mine from Dunelm) single quilt & king size duvet cover. Just sew the cover into two "pockets" by making a line of stitching in the right place and put the topper and quilt inside. The Duvalay is joined at the bottom but I preferred to leave the end open as it's easier to take the cover on and off for washing that way.

Making your own also gives you much more choice in what colour/pattern you want!

Yep, did 'balk' at the price but your suggestion is brilliant :thumb: Many Thanks.

Regards,

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
a good idea but really expensive. we bought 2 with spare covers. ( total £280 :Doh: )

but we have stopped using them in their intended format. we now use the foam as a topper on top of our existing mattress and use a cover sheet and a normal quilt.

so we have 2 well used and 2 used once redundant covers.:Blush:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I've got one with both summer & winter weight duvets, I like it :man_in_love:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
a good idea but really expensive. we bought 2 with spare covers. ( total £280 :Doh: )

but we have stopped using them in their intended format. we now use the foam as a topper on top of our existing mattress and use a cover sheet and a normal quilt.

so we have 2 well used and 2 used once redundant covers.:Blush:

Er, I can take them orf yer 'ands, Guv..........:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I put it on here months ago on how to make your own "duvalay" as I did mine 18 months ago when I bought my first MH as the original Duvalays were too wide for the beds .we do have two originals for the caravan, I used double quilt covers, depending on the width of the memory foam. if it is 90cm you will need a kingsize cover.

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005

I bought 3 sets of single quilt covers on bogof.

Sewed the covers together in pairs.

Bought 3tog and 10tog single quilts for each 'set'

We can choose whether to have the warm quilt ontop or the thinner one for summer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back