Anyone know about the would be aire in Armação de Pêra? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We are slowly making our way over to Portugal and always like staying on the football park in Armação de Pêra on the front by the fishermen’s huts where you pay a woman €1.50. However the police occasionally come along usually first thing in the morning and issue a ticket, basically a convoluted warning. We managed to avoid the ticket but managed to get one on our last day. The police I have to say were pleasant and thought what they were doing was crazy.

Question is are the police still moving people off every so often or have they stopped?

If they are still moving motorhomes on, taking reg numbers and issuing tickets does anyone know if they carry out their threat of €200.00 fine if they already have your number plate logged?

Armação de Pêra is such a great place to be and the campsite is a little too far out for us. If anyone has up to date info on this issue and aire it would really be appreciated. Thank you all.

Deleted User
Why are the police issuing warning tickets if you pay to park your motorhome ?

Because you are not allowed to 'camp' there and despite numerous notices about not using chairs,tables, washing etc many do and occasionally the police arrive to clear everyone, not just the offenders.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
I was there about a month ago.
There was a man sitting in a hut at the entrance think there was one price for parking and a higher price for overnight.
Was only there for a short stay but loved the place

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
People still park there just as before.

When the GNR feel like it they move everyone on.

The sign on the hut now says "12 hour parking" not 24 hour.

People say they heard of folk being fined there but, whilst I have met several people who have stayed there overnight this month, I am yet to meet anyone who has been fined.

JJ :cool:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
I stayed for a week just before Xmas paid my €1.50 occasionally when lady came around and no problem at all saw no police presence except occasional drive through just checking security!!!!!! Lady on to campers straight away about chairs out never see any out so all was ok lovely place

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
We have been in Portugal this January, spoke to a guy in Ferragudo who told us in previous years he had winged it, temporarily moving off the area by the sea after being warned by the Gnr. Returning a day later thinking he thought he had beat the system, However the 200€ fines are arriving at his address in the UK.(this is Ferragudo not Pera)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back