Anyone in Italy at the moment? Beware. (1 Viewer)

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
It's HOT! Crikey i haven't known heat like it. I'm at a campsite in Sirolo, Ancona and it's 42 degrees. I knew it would be hot but this is ridiculous. Thetford fridge will only work on gas and its really struggling. We have 3 large fans and they are on 24/7. If you are coming out this way I suggest you take precautions because it's verging on dangerous.

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Supposed to get cooler later this week. Any signs of the water shortage?

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
IMG_0831.PNG

Mickey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M1ke

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
No water shortage here but the temperature is staying put by all accounts. Police have taken to visiting the elderly to make sure they are ok. Driving from Milan to Bologna the outside temperature read 45 degrees. Had to stop for fuel and it was like a furnace.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
No water shortage here but the temperature is staying put by all accounts. Police have taken to visiting the elderly to make sure they are ok. Driving from Milan to Bologna the outside temperature read 45 degrees. Had to stop for fuel and it was like a furnace.

On the other hand, I am near Huntingdon and it's quite cool.

I know, I know :):LOL:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
That's reassuring, thanks. When I lived in Kuwait the general opinion was anything above 45°C was unpleasant - but then we did live and work in air-conditioned buildings.
I suspect your experience is one of the few when having hab a/c would be a real bonus. Is there an option to move? If you can go inland and find some altitude it might be cooler but you probably need to head for the Alps for that. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
It's 15° here and I just put the small oil radiator on......:cautious:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back