Free Member
Oct 26, 2009
on tour
Funster No
MH
white one
Exp
only 3.2 and counting
Hi we are in Sicily at the moment and thinking about heading over to Greece as we have not been there in the MH has anyone got any recomendations on places to stay are decent campsites we would be getting the ferry from Brindisi to Patra

thanks
Kenny

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Camping Koroni is very good as is Castle View at Mystras - Camping Kato Alyssos is good for a stop next to Patras - Wild camping (not by me though) in Kallagori forest and most paces down the East side of the Peloponnese. Can't comment on anything north of Korinth

OP
OP
wanttobeaway

wanttobeaway

Free Member
Oct 26, 2009
on tour
Funster No
MH
white one
Exp
only 3.2 and counting
Thanks for the replys we have been getting some reports about the cost of sites in Greece from a few of our european neighbours who have been over there are saying that I would be looking around €28 a night this time of year as the prices have shot up. This seems a bit high for winter and if correct we might give it a miss has anybody got any good news on the prices

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
There are lots of places to wild camp, and places that you can camp like restaurant car parks if you use their restaurant.

We went May June last year and paid for the sites we were on about 20Euros.

Maybe prices have gone up a lot but I would have thought if they were open which some are not in winter then the prices would be low.

Maybe its there inflation, as Greece is in a terrible state financially.

We really loved Greece, but not been there in the winter time/spring.

Further south the better though, as weather a little changeable up North.

Good Luck

Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back