Anyone heard of this solar controller? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They often don't because with a factory fit they fit the regulator behind the dash so that's where the wires go.
Ah, that might be why the regulator is in the drivers cubby hole/storage area below the offside window, I know that the wires go out of the bottom of the controller and through the panel below it towards the front/dash area so could be how it is connected to the existing pre-installed wiring.

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
I have fitted a Sun300 to My Dethleffs Globebus.
Also came with a handy remote display.
Input 1 = shared earth { leisure battery / solar panel earth }
Input 2 = panel No1 max 150W +
Input 3 = panel No2 max 150W+
input 4 = Aux battery +
input 5 = Engine battery +

IMG_0955.JPG
IMG_1002.JPG

Duckato

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
That's an interesting little controller it's let down by very poor max VCC and quite limited total solar input which means it is not very expandable and the add on display makes it very expensive by comparison to the market leaders such as the rightly popular Epever Tracer but it does offer the ability to charge the chassis battery as well which is similar to the Voltronic range.

One caveat though it limited input capabilities at this time of year probably mean it won't even keep a leisure battery at float let alone have capacity to charge a chassis battery as well especially considering most parasitic loads are on the chassis battery so it's not something to fit and ignore

Right now in this grey gloom period despite 300W on my vans roof I am plugging it in weekly to the mains to charge everything to a true 100%

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
I was given this for charge controller & remote display for FREE, I only have room on My roof for 2 X 100W existing panels, so I will suffer in silence :)

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Sorry, I can't see that this controller is anything like as bad as it's described. It will take either two panels, up to 100 watts each, or one single panel up to 200 watts.

The input voltage, nominally 12V, will take panels with a max voltage of 27V. That's OK for lots of the smaller panels. Not the 36V types, but there's plenty that are 22 to 26V.

And the two separate outputs is a bonus for a MH, to keep the starter battery topped up. For 2 x 100watt panels it's ideal - as long as the voltage is within the limits. And it's an MPPT type, which is better than PWM.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Only negative I have experienced is the remote display sometimes just shows the leisure battery symbol and voltage.
When the Sun is out it sometimes shows both batteries, Leisure and Engine { not always }.
It's on a bit of a trial. Maybe the Amps have to be up to switch batteries.
Maybe the Leisure has to be 100% to switch.
I do have a standard 20A dual Solar controller so may fit that in the future.
Not much Sun about at the moment.
It came to Me as a freebie without instructions.
When it works properly it's great, I can open the hab door and just tap the remote screen for battery info.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Meanwhile back to the OP ... has anyone actually USED one of the controllers I mentioned?
It looks exactly the same as the one that came fitted to our Burstner, but the name on it was Antarion. Could be a generic make?
It seemed to work fine, we went away for a month over winter and it kept our battery charged using our 100w panel and no hook up.
I have changed it though to a Victron controller with Bluetooth dongle. I like to see what’s going on with it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back