Anyone had a successful basin repair carried out (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Our 2 year old Globecar Campscout Revolution bathroom sink has cracked. We have no idea what has caused it, it starts at the plug and there are no obvious impact marks. As the van is only 2 years old I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and pay for a new one to be fitted.
I was curious if anyone had repaired a white shiny plastic sink and it look as good as the original. lots of people seem to have has a Speedcoat repair to their shower trays with mixed success but I cant find anything about basin repairs.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
basins don't repair well, better to fit new. Somebody posted about a stainless basin that is a direct replacement for the inset type last week

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
this is what some posl owners are fitting

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No

Blueknight suggested that one as well. Unfortunately the basin is a different shape.

Attachments

• 0E7DEBAB-42C3-4C35-96AA-1AD70641B7DD.jpeg
    0E7DEBAB-42C3-4C35-96AA-1AD70641B7DD.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 70B927D3-0967-4F53-9641-5E4851349854.jpeg
    70B927D3-0967-4F53-9641-5E4851349854.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 16
  • D4AE547F-DA70-48E0-AFD4-C2B38EC9CB35.jpeg
    D4AE547F-DA70-48E0-AFD4-C2B38EC9CB35.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 15

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
basins don't repair well, better to fit new. Somebody posted about a stainless basin that is a direct replacement for the inset type last week
Its a weird shaped basin in some Globecars as shown above, when we needed one for our previous camper I searched everywhere I could (and you know I do a LOT of research) and couldn't find one that came close in the UK or further afield. They must be custom made for Globecar/Possl so the only way is to get one from them.

The only alternative I can think of is to replace it completely with a different shape of sink that you can drop in so it sits on the surround rather than being sandwiched in between it as they are normally. It will likely mean trimming the surround to make a new one fit but other than that it should fit fine. The one that has been mentioned above might fit as it seems to be slightly larger than the original make a template out of cardboard to the size of it and see (depth won't be an issue).

Of course, if the camper is only just out of warranty then contact your supplying dealer and get them to put a claim in to Globecar, giving info about the issue we had, as there may have been a fault with a batch of them.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2013
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
IH 600RD
Exp
Since 2017
I'm sure if at a show I was to ask a Globecar sales person how long they expect a a basin to last before it cracked they would not reply '' about 2 years'' . I would get in touch with the dealer that sold you the van . Globecar are a reputable manufacturer and I'm sure they wouldn't want it published all over the internet that their sinks only last 2 years . Keep us all updated please.

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
The van has been out of warranty for 3 months so I don't hold much hope of a warranty claim.
I also have no idea if something has fallen our of the cupboard and causes the damage, it doesn't look like it but it is possible.
given how long you have to wait for a Globecar to be delivered I somehow doubt they will get to worried about me making a fuss on line.
i have only heard of mine and Minxy Girls cracking so it doesn't seem a common fault. Minxy Girls shower tray sage hasn't slowed the sale of Globecars so I don't think they will loose any sleep over my basin.
i have a feeling I will need a stiff drink when I find our how much to replace it!!!!!!!!!!

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Can you speak to your dealer and see if there would be any good will?

Jul 4, 2013
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
IH 600RD
Exp
Since 2017
The van has been out of warranty for 3 months so I don't hold much hope of a warranty claim.
I also have no idea if something has fallen our of the cupboard and causes the damage, it doesn't look like it but it is possible.
given how long you have to wait for a Globecar to be delivered I somehow doubt they will get to worried about me making a fuss on line.
i have only heard of mine and Minxy Girls cracking so it doesn't seem a common fault. Minxy Girls shower tray sage hasn't slowed the sale of Globecars so I don't think they will loose any sleep over my basin.
i have a feeling I will need a stiff drink when I find our how much to replace it!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately you seem to have already accepted that you could be responsible for the damage with your admission that something may have fallen out of the cupboard. Globecar would no doubt jump on your admission of that fact . I'll do my bit and ensure if anyone asks about Globecar build quality that I make them aware of cracking shower trays/sinks.

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Unfortunately you seem to have already accepted that you could be responsible for the damage with your admission that something may have fallen out of the cupboard. Globecar would no doubt jump on your admission of that fact . I'll do my bit and ensure if anyone asks about Globecar build quality that I make them aware of cracking shower trays/sinks.

I doubt Globecar go trawling forums to see if anyone has accepted they may be at fault when placing a warranty claim. As the van is out of warranty it doesn’t really matter anyway as they could refuse a claim anyway with no comeback.
As for Globecar build quality I don’t think one cracked sink should condemn the whole company. I am still very pleased with our van and would buy another. From everything I read Globecar are one of the better made vans but are a real pain when it comes to warranty claims. I have made one claim and it got sorted out straight away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back