Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The only 'problem' seems to be whether or not you will be 'allowed' to refill them at petrol stations etc as they are not 'fixed' to your motorhome.

We have a Gaslow single cylinder which we fill via a purpose designed fitted fill point located in the gas locker, others have the fill point located on the exterior of motorhomes instead. Some people say with our fill point being located in the locker, we are likely to be shunned by some garages who would refuse to allow us to fill it, but we have NEVER had this and we've had it for a good few years now and have filled it in France, Germany etc and Ireland without any problems and in many cases the attendants did the filling for us. Despite this I would anticipate that the 'Safefill' cylinders would be more closely scrutinised and therefore your wanting to fill them is much more likely to be refused IMV.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There is another "problem" for some vans and that is the dimensions. Our previous Autoquest could fit two 6Kg Calor bottles but only one 15l (7.5Kg) Safefill.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We considered one of these before fitting our Autogas 2000 see ad on right, we thought for the difference in price we would go for the one in van with a remote filling point as heard stories of folk being refused filling at some stations.

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
I would agree with what has been said about a remote filler being an advantage.

We have a Gaslow system. The advantage the Safefill has over it is, to my mind, that you can see exactly how much gas you have left through the translucent sides.

If there was a remote filler available it would tick a good many boxes as a system.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back