Anyone got an awning for Majestic 175? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We tried to get a drive away awning for our 2013 Majestic 175 but no luck. The door is too close to the wind out shade and would be badly scraping the awning roof every time the door is opened. Johns Cross were pulling all the stops out trying to think of how one could be fitted without scraping the roof. We took the MH over to them but still they couldn't see a way round it. They also did their maths something to do with angles and lengths!!!!!

Ideally we were looking for an Oxygen Movelite 3XL Air drive away awning but we got to the stage that any awning would do. Johns cross also thought of safari room and other things but the same problem - the door would still scrape the roof which they thought would be a real issue. They did wonder whether putting the awning up against the MH and instead of attaching it to the MH, throw the straps over the top of it and anchoring it on the opposite side. But they couldn't guarentee it would work as they obviously couldn't take the awning out of the packaging in case we didn't buy it. The only other alternative I thought would be not to actually attach the drive away awning but there might be the problem of being asked to pay for two units on a pitch. I could say we forgot to bring the joining strip I suppose.

We came away really disappointed but pleased that Johns Cross had tried so hard to help. They lost a good sale but obviously we're totally honest with us.

Has anyone got an awning that they use on a Majestic 175, is so what have you got. From previous posts I know there are a few people who have this MH

van Gogh

Free Member
Jan 28, 2017
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I had the same thoughts on this ---I imajin that the awning cowl would be in the way of the door opening. I planned to get a Outdoor revolution Cayman XL. So I will try and caslculate the angle and see. The door must miss the wind out canopy and that comes down at an angle. Ill look at that as well...its wrapped up till end of Feb now so ill look at it then
Mal

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
There is a small roller that can be fitted to the top of the door to prevent awning contact. Here's one:

Link Removed

........ and another that won't rust:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Just reading this post, was the awning fitted to low? Because they were not standard were they?
Does this mean anyone with a majestic 175 can't have awning??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back