Anyone got an alternate winter destination ? (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
thanks Brian .. just found it on the Dell.. it's AltGr + 4 = €

€ well well well yet another combo.

I wonder if that means that AltGr is in fact ctrl+alt ? Reasonably logical.

When I said ctrl+alt+$ I guess it's really ctrl+alt+4, no shift involved.

Deleted User
We almost went to Roquetas de mar a couple of weeks ago, drove past the site, its not a pleasant area, polytunnel country :Smile: and went on to Torrevieja :thumb:

And Torrevieja is nicer ??::bigsmile:
You must have passed near to Los Escullos, past the plastic in the Cabo de Gata Parque Natural. The area is magnifico, but don't tell anyone:winky:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am NOT complaining about the price rise this year.. not at all.. Dunno where that idea came from ?
And just to clarify, it has not gone up to € 300, it has gone up to €330.. as said, a euro a day, given the economic climb, is reasonable and acceptable..

No, all this is plannng ahead for next year IF and it still is a very big IF, the boss man keeps the monthly price at € 330 and adds he juice on top of that..

If the price per month is suitably adjusted as at least partial compensation we will probably be back here.

If on the other hand it looks like it will be expensive we will be looking for an alternate destination.. Nowt like being prepared for eventualities

Personally I would have suggested simply limiting the points to say 6 or 10 amps.. would make folk a lot more careful and limit over all use..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
And Torrevieja is nicer ??::bigsmile:
You must have passed near to Los Escullos, past the plastic in the Cabo de Gata Parque Natural. The area is magnifico, but don't tell anyone:winky:

We stayed at Florentilles which with wheels was convenient for Torrevieja which we liked but in many ways still preferred Zahora but again you need a toad as there is so much to see:Smile:
One hell of a natural park :Smile:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Here on camping Raco they started charging for electric from the first of January for any one who arrived after first of November, before we got 4 kilowatts included in the tarriff
The campsite is still full and when some one asked at reception about the extra charges they said it was a government thing and campsites now had to charge for leccy.:cry:
[HI]If I can find out about taking dogs to Morroco I think that's the way we'll go next year.
Alan:thumb:
[/HI]

I wondered about taking animals to Morocco too.
Found this, translated from Spanish:
Species: Dogs, cats and ferrets

With the application from the July 3, 2004 Council Regulation (EC) 998/2003 of the European Parliament and Council on the animal health requirements for animal movement of pet trade, have been harmonized conditions to be displaced from dogs, cats and ferrets, both between Member States, as in the introduction from third countries, meaning that pets traveling with their owners or representatives, as well as those without commercial interest.

PROTOCOL FOR THE IMPORT OF PETS
For introduction in Spain of dogs, cats and ferrets from these countries must meet the following conditions:
Not authorize the entry of dogs, cats and ferrets younger than seven months.
The maximum number of animals that can be transported without being considered a commercial quantity is 5.
The animals shall be accompanied by the European passport on re-entry or the health certificate attached to this protocol.
In no case will require the veterinary certificate or passport to be stamped by the consulates of the countries of origin.

The control action is to verify:
Animal identification microchip that meets ISO standards 11784 and 11785. If the microchip does not meet these standards, the owner must provide a reader that can read the microchip to the entry into the European Union.
Rabies vaccination in force (as recommended by the manufacturing laboratory.)
Rabies serological test in a sample taken 30 days after vaccination and three months before being moved in an approved laboratory. (See the updated list of approved laboratories here .) If the animal originates from a European Union country, moves to a third country and return to the European Union this within three months shall not apply in case your passport certifies that the valuation was result favorable before the animal left the territory of the European Union.
If you keep the vaccination the serological test is valid for the lifetime of the animal.

From: http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=25704

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I just looked online at the C&CC winter rallies.

The 'general' winter camping rates in Spain (2 people, whatever Amp hook-up, toads free) for 30+ nights ranges between €8 odd to €17 odd, the rallies themselves are typically for 6 weeks duration with from eg €240 ish for 30+nights, so it's both various and variable! LOL

Marjal seems to work out at around €14-odd for 30+ nights - sound familiar?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It looks like it might be the end of the good times at Zahora ( for us ) as boss man talking about charging for electric on top of the price of parking up ( which went up € 30 a month this year )
Sooo, it is either finding an alternate destination or maybe even dumping the motorhome and fly somewhere for winter instead..
Anyone got any suggestions for a destination that is not too cold, a maximum of 1700 miles from the UK, have WiFi and works out at less monthly costs
It could be somewhere that charges electric as an extra providing :
Gas is easily obtained and not miles off site ( so we could use gas heating )
The monthly rental charges were CONSIDERABLY less than Zahora..
Dont get me wrong, love the place here, love the people, but like most folk, there is a budget to consider
If you don’t already have relatives in warmer climes then do an ancestry search, you are bound to find someone who will claim you as a family member. :cry: Just the cost of the flight and you have winter sun for as long as you like.:Cool: You can be in Melbourne or LA in a lot less time than it takes to drive to Spain. :thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oooohh.. lots of relatives all over the place.. Oz, Greece, Italy, Florida, California,, Norway, finland... List goes on and on, but I am always reluctant to impose on rely's ( in case they reciprocate ! LOL !! )

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Gas morocco

bottle deposit 110 dirams £8.46

Gas 13kg 40 Dirams £3.07

£ = 13 Dirams

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
It looks like it might be the end of the good times at Zahora ( for us ) as boss man talking about charging for electric on top of the price of parking up ( which went up € 30 a month this year )
Sooo, it is either finding an alternate destination or maybe even dumping the motorhome and fly somewhere for winter instead..

Anyone got any suggestions for a destination that is not too cold, a maximum of 1700 miles from the UK, have WiFi and works out at less monthly costs

It could be somewhere that charges electric as an extra providing :

Gas is easily obtained and not miles off site ( so we could use gas heating )

The monthly rental charges were CONSIDERABLY less than Zahora..

Dont get me wrong, love the place here, love the people, but like most folk, there is a budget to consider

my front garden, bring ya own industrial space heater for the winter months 220 per month.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back