Anyone got a Votronic MPP Duo that can tell me what lights should be on? (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
I have a Votronic MPP 165 Duo. Can someone who has one of these (it doesn't have to be a 165) tell me how the lights operate please?

When my controller is connected to a (new) battery, which is fully charged, during the day (with bright sun), the MPP and Batt Full lights are on. Good so far.

At night, only the MPP light is on even with the battery fully charged (mains charger is on, nothing using 12V in motorhome). I was expecting the Batt Full light to be on showing the condition of my battery.

First thing in the morning (low sun, dew on panel), the MPP light is on, the Charge light is dim (as expected) but no other lights are on. I'd have expected to see the >80% or Batt Full lights on as well (especially as the battery had been on the mains charger all night and no 12V usage in the motorhome).

Is what I'm seeing with the lights normal or is something wrong?

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I have a Votronic MPP 165 Duo. Can someone who has one of these (it doesn't have to be a 165) tell me how the lights operate please?

When my controller is connected to a (new) battery, which is fully charged, during the day (with bright sun), the MPP and Batt Full lights are on. Good so far.

At night, only the MPP light is on even with the battery fully charged (mains charger is on, nothing using 12V in motorhome). I was expecting the Batt Full light to be on showing the condition of my battery.

First thing in the morning (low sun, dew on panel), the MPP light is on, the Charge light is dim (as expected) but no other lights are on. I'd have expected to see the >80% or Batt Full lights on as well (especially as the battery had been on the mains charger all night and no 12V usage in the motorhome).

Is what I'm seeing with the lights normal or is something wrong?

Thanks!
It's odd isn't it. Mine is out of sight under the bench seat so I hardly ever see the lights. I was looking at another funsters system a few weeks ago and had the same experience as you. Convinced something wasn't right, but when I went home ours was exactly the same. That's just how they are ?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Here is the manual, it might help (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 1710_1715_1720_1725 Solar-Regler MPP 165 - 430 Duo ab 04-2019_e.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 151
OP
OP
StillGoing
Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
Thanks guys. I feel reassured!

The manual isn't clear on the topic. A previous controller worked differently - the battery charge status lights were always illuminated on that model.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Mine just flashes at night, but then I’ve never actually locked at it, I just see it flashing from under the cupboard. I will look tonight.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
No. It's just a brief flash of the mppt light every second or so.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
If your on hookup the controller will turn itself off.
Can’t see why you’ve got the charger on, surely that’s why you’ve got solar.
I don't use my charger anymore the 255watt solar panel takes care of my batteries all year.
We use hookup on site in the winter to run the oil filled rad and fridge in the summer when abroad to save on gas.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Checked last night, only got the flashing light on mine at night (duo250)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
If your on hookup the controller will turn itself off.
Can’t see why you’ve got the charger on, surely that’s why you’ve got solar.
I don't use my charger anymore the 255watt solar panel takes care of my batteries all year.
We use hookup on site in the winter to run the oil filled rad and fridge in the summer when abroad to save on gas.
The charger won't take the battery up to 14.4v every 24hrs like the solar will every morning. Don't know if this counts as a mini cycle but batteries only have so many cycles in them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back